MS Pro Duo stuck in SD Slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyfoo

Jan 18, 2002
North
willyfoo.com
I'm such an idiot.. knowing that it probably won't fit, I tried anyway.. now my MS Pro Duo is stuck my my SD Slot of my notebook and I can't pick it out!!!

Any ideas??

I'm such an idiot.. knowing that it probably won't fit, I tried anyway.. now my MS Pro Duo is stuck my my SD Slot of my notebook and I can't pick it out!!!

Any ideas??
Try a bit hard to remove it. Can use plier if MS pro duo a bit protrude out. Be careful, put paper or something on plier to avoid scratch on the card (or SD slot).

Regards,
Arto.

Unfortunately the MS Pro Duo is a lot smaller than the slot and thus the whole thing is stuck way inside now...

Funny thing is ... my notebook detected Sony MS... but can't read it..

Try a bit hard to remove it. Can use plier if MS pro duo a bit protrude out. Be careful, put paper or something on plier to avoid scratch on the card (or SD slot).

Be careful with the pliers :) Last time my mini-SD card stuck inside the mini-SD slot (not notebook), I had to open the appliance up and slowly coax it out. The mechanism of these card slots is very delicate. If you ngeh ngeh lai, you will successfully pull out the card, but you may also take out some part of the slot as well ;)

Unfortunately the MS Pro Duo is a lot smaller than the slot and thus the whole thing is stuck way inside now...

Of course lah. The SD card reader of your laptop is most probably also a Memory Stick reader. But not the Duo (You need an adapter for the duo). My bet is yours is a NEC laptop.

In case you wanna do a hard retrieval, tilt your laptop upside down first. Most probably the duo slides in and drops 'down'.

If you think the card is moveable inside the slot, maybe you can use double tape to fishhook the card.

FYI, some slot design can eject the card by pushing the card (and it will eject out).

Regards,
Arto.

Try using 2 small flat head screw driver. use one of your hand and place 1 screw driver at the top of the card, the other hand for the other screw driver at the bottom of the card. Then paste some scotch tape over the edge of the SD Slot where your screw driver will be resting on. Use both hands together creat a downward lever action as shown in the sketch below. Sorry for my poor sketch using paint. But I think you will get the idea. ;)

actionnt4.jpg

Erm, take two toothpicks and slowly pry it out?

I guess there has always been an unsuppressable urge to satisfy our curiousity since childhood when one will stuck an eraser up the nosestril...

:bsmilie:

I guess there has always been an unsuppressable urge to satisfy our curiousity since childhood when one will stuck an eraser up the nosestril...

even when we are older, the urge is still as strong, if not stronger, when we put rubber onto ourselves and then trying to stuck up to any holes we can find ..... :sweatsm:

i suppose you can try using jewellers forceps using a sort of rocking movement to loosen the card first.

maybe use some sort of lubricant to apply and slowly rock the card out.
lubricant? ...hahahaha
you mean... like Johnson's jelly? ....:think:

hahaha

have u tried tweezer? mine was struck in a MS slot last time, the stupid sales say can put in MS Duo but i found out that it was much deeper then the Duo, managed to pull out using a tweezer

use small piece of transparency film with double sided tape..
i read it somewhere b4.. u're not the only one with stuck MS. hehx

I was in a similiar situation some time back; placed a MS Pro Duo into the SD slot of my notebook. Finally managed to get it out by tilting the slot upside down and using a pair of toothpicks to slowly pry it out. Lotsa patience required.:D

now i wanna try putting a MS pro duo into my SD slot in my notebook just to join in the fun

probably lucky i dun have a ms pro duo to try tho =(

Unfortunately the ms pro duo is stuck way inside.. hard for any apparatus to get a grip on..

The notebook is a Acer 3012... can't boot up normally.. the OS tries to read it but fails.. have to disable the flashmedia controller for the OS to boot.. but now can't read any external media anymore..

Status
Not open for further replies.