MS Office Picture Editor turned all my photos white!!

klyern

Aug 20, 2003
Hi, I've only used it to adjust brightness and contrast and after saving.. Those edited files turned into a white picture! *horrors*

Any way i can reverse this? More than half of the photos are now showing white! :(

"save as" helps. And using a proper tool. Paint.net is nice.

"save as" helps. And using a proper tool. Paint.net is nice.

i tried to use save as but it is still showing up as white =/ how can i retrieve back my originials?

i tried to use save as but it is still showing up as white =/ how can i retrieve back my originials?

Save as only when editing the original. I never overwrite my original images.

when you use "Save as", you are saving an edited copy in a new document/file, it does not overwrite the originals.

if you ask "how to retrieve back my originals?" I guess if you don't have a copy of originals at somewhere, probably you have already overwrite the ONLY copy you have, and it is irreversible.

sorry to say you had "Hasta la vista, baby" to your photos.

klyern said:

*facepalm*

your photos are gone. unless you've kept the originals nothing you can do

:( i always do the same and nothing went wrong before.. how come the program will just save all as white background.. sob sobs.. and no i dont have backup.. just right from memory card </3

:( i always do the same and nothing went wrong before.. how come the program will just save all as white background.. sob sobs.. and no i dont have backup.. just right from memory card </3

Then you have a very high-risk workflow and always just gambled with your luck.

Then you have a very high-risk workflow and always just gambled with your luck.

learnt expensive lesson alr.. some of the photos i reallly liked them :(

You can try to recover from the memory card, if you have not reuse the card to take new pictures. Good luck.

Lesson learnt:

NEVER NEVER work directly from memory card. Copy all photos to HDD. Create copy for editing by creating another folder separately from the original.

Your entire workflow was a disaster waiting to happen.

learnt expensive lesson alr.. some of the photos i reallly liked them :(
when you download images into your computer,

keep a set of originals untouched,
make a backup copy of the originals and keep it at somewhere else, not in the same computer,
make selection of best images from the originals,
create working copy from the best images,
the working copy should be in lossless formats like tiff or PSD, so you can rework and save them many times without losing any quality.
once you are satisfied with the editing, save a jpg copy from the working copy.
keep the working copy till you think they are no long needed.

hope this help.

You have a chance to recover the files
use undelete freeware to get the files from your SD card ( I hope you haven't save any files in that SD card because it will over write the deleted data files )
Download Portable FreeUndelete 2.1 Free - The application recovers deleted data - Softpedia

Chances are very high that all edited files have overwritten the original files. Nothing left to recover. Reason is simply the way how FAT32 handles deleting and writing of files. It will be pure luck to find something from the originals ...

thanks for all your advise :( what i did was i did a saved over the original files.. they were overwritten.. i didnt not delete them.. any software to reverse this?

thanks for all your advise :( what i did was i did a saved over the original files.. they were overwritten.. i didnt not delete them.. any software to reverse this?
when you delete a file, actually the file is still there, not being deleted, just placing a note to tell the computer CAN overwrite data over it, if not data overwrite the same space, very high chances that you able to recover it

but when you save a file, new data is overwritten the old/existing data..... so what do you think?

sobsss :"(

when you delete a file, actually the file is still there, not being deleted, just placing a note to tell the computer CAN overwrite data over it, if not data overwrite the same space, very high chances that you able to recover it

but when you save a file, new data is overwritten the old/existing data..... so what do you think?

or you could right click on the file>properties>previous version...
it worked on me but not all the time...