Ms colour is a lousy supplier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine you are the supplier, where is your responsibilty to your customer. They have problem, do you just push away. Come on man just be a responsible guy to everybody including yourself.

Did you ask what their policy on warranty on manufacturing defects? You obviously did not.

If you did, you would be told that it's 7 days 1-to-1 exchange, and it's Canon Singapore service after that. Maybe you are new to Singapore and had this misunderstanding. One may split hair whether this practice is good/reasonable or not, but this is not something to argue AFTER you bought the item. Your buying from them implies that you understood how the warranty works, especially in a clear-cut case like this: majority knows what the policy is and has been for years.

Alternatively, you could have bought from a shop that offers "shop warranty" for cameras. Ironically, they sell stuff comparatively CHEAPER. People seem to pay more for the very "feature" that you deem undesirable: to have Canon responsible for warranty rather than the shop.

Buyer always wants to have a reliable shop to buy goods from them. A responsible business man must have a good reputations towards the public. If you are my customer regardless how long you are? old customer or new customer 2 years 5year or 10years ago?

You come to me with your problem, should I avoid or give you the best solutions? If you do not want your reputation goes for the 1st one and let the customer to solve the problem themselve event you called yourself the professional.

No no no no... you are missing the point....you must go to Canon Service Centre, if I am on leave and don't know where to go, I find excuses to go there.... the service is one word "Proficient" :thumbsup:..... and the service staff.......:heart:....:lovegrin:

Then what do you want Canon to do?

If they fix it, isn't that good enough?

Or are you hell bend on someone giving you a brand new camera in exchange?

If that is the case, you still need to go to the entity issuing the warranty, and that is Canon, not MS Color.

Btw, you should have inspected the camera when you bought it.

You should have used it extensively the first few days to work out any kinks, and then you wont have this problem.

At the end of the day, you have to bare a bit of the responsibility too.

oh DP, pls dont say that, TS will than challenge you to spot the problem in minutes, offer to buy you lunch too (not a bad deal:bsmilie:).

Buyer always wants to have a reliable shop to buy goods from them. A responsible business man must have a good reputations towards the public. If you are my customer regardless how long you are? old customer or new customer 2 years 5year or 10years ago?

You come to me with your problem, should I avoid or give you the best solutions? If you do not want your reputation goes for the 1st one and let the customer to solve the problem themselve event you called yourself the professional.

The thing here is that you being their customer is one thing. But your issue here does little to help your case. So what if you go back to them and demand for an explanation? Do you expect to be given a 1-1 exchange for your equipment after 2 mths? Come on, be realistic here. If 1 week or 2 weeks, fine I can understand. But 2 mths is stretching it too much. I have worked behind the counter before and what really gets to me is the customer thinks he is always right. The customer is only right when they observe their rights within limits. Such cases like these, given me, I will not do anything, at best I will help the customer to send it to CSC.

:thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

nansen, my advice is to open the canon box and see your warranty card.

look for the address and telephone. usually there are no instructions so the best move is to call the number and ask. i believe after calling them, you will have to go to them as well....

this thread has nothing to do with MS colours.

can someone change the title please?

to something like "MS has a lousy customer". clearly the customer doesnt know what a warranty card is for...:dunno:

i know i sound pissed, but who isnt? we cant find a fur inside your camera under room light? can you find another person who buys a camera and use it only after two months of purchase??

This is the practice in Singapore. Trying going to some other shops, CP, TK, etc and they will give you the same answer - go to Canon for servicing after 7 days. MS is one of the most reputable shops for cameras. So far, I have not seen a reply that agrees with whatever you said. Go and figure out if you have a problem.

Hope you have your camera fixed.

The area of responsibility is not infinite, it is clearly laid out in the T&C issued by the shop and also by Canon. Please ask yourself how tolerant your boss would be if you step over the limits of your responsibility and start acting (maybe in good intention) but ways outside your scope of work. It's not that MS Colour doesn't want to help you, they are not allowed to do anything further because they are also bound to the T&C between MS Colour and Canon. If everybody sticks yo his responsibility (without being blind for other areas) then the system works well. Your responsibility is to check the camera upon purchase and follow the warranty guidelines stated on the warranty card. CSC's responsibility is to help you.

nansen, my advice is to open the canon box and see your warranty card.

look for the address and telephone. usually there are no instructions so the best move is to call the number and ask. i believe after calling them, you will have to go to them as well....

this thread has nothing to do with MS colours.

can someone change the title please?

to something like "MS has a lousy customer". clearly the customer doesnt know what a warranty card is for...:dunno:

i know i sound pissed, but who isnt? we cant find a fur inside your camera under room light? can you find another person who buys a camera and use it only after two months of purchase??
I don't think TS wants the repair, he/she just wants a 1-for-1 exchange from MS Color after 2 months...

TS, move on and get ur camera fixed... no point keep dwelling on the issue...

Send to canon and settle it... take it as a lesson for yourself to be careful next time...

Don't procrastinate until ur warranty is over... :)

TS:

Is this your 1st purchase of an product with warranty in your entire life? Is this your 1st camera ? Are you a local ? I'm also curious to know where is your hometown if you are not local.

For most part of the world, 2 months' gap and still expect a 1 for 1 exchange from the retailer is very unheard of.

So does this problem have any effect on the photograph taken ? Show us the effect of that lint on your photograph taken.

So much about the way that after sales service should be, why not you open a shop beside MS color . Offer the " level " of service that you mentioned and save the rest of the photographer population from this shop.

I'm sure you will have very brisk business. I will definitely buy from you, and stick to you being my supplier of all things related to glass and light.

Do consider my business proposal and keep us updated. We will like to buy from you as our supplier. Thanks.

I'm sure Canon can sort this out in a peaceful manner, provided you talk to them nicely. Oh ya, do enjoy the coffee over at CSC, its nice. Have a nice day.

TS:

Is this your 1st purchase of an product with warranty in your entire life? Is this your 1st camera ? Are you a local ? I'm also curious to know where is your hometown if you are not local.

For most part of the world, 2 months' gap and still expect a 1 for 1 exchange from the retailer is very unheard of.

So does this problem have any effect on the photograph taken ? Show us the effect of that lint on your photograph taken.

So much about the way that after sales service should be, why not you open a shop beside MS color . Offer the " level " of service that you mentioned and save the rest of the photographer population from this shop.

I'm sure you will have very brisk business. I will definitely buy from you, and stick to you being my supplier of all things related to glass and light.

Do consider my business proposal and keep us updated. We will like to buy from you as our supplier. Thanks.

I'm sure Canon can sort this out in a peaceful manner, provided you talk to them nicely. Oh ya, do enjoy the coffee over at CSC, its nice. Have a nice day.

this is the best proposal to TS so far.

TS, you dont have to worry about no business, i am very sure if you practice what you preach, you will get 100% support from all CSER. Your business will force the rest of the competitors to close shop and you will gain monopoly in singapore.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

TS:

This is definitely not his/her first purchase, TS is trying to sell a 430EXII in the buy/sell section if I am not wrong.

Are you a local ? I'm also curious to know where is your hometown if you are not local.
I was also wondering the same thing...

entertaining read after a heavy friday lunch :)

I don't think TS wants the repair, he/she just wants a 1-for-1 exchange from MS Color after 2 months...

speechless

this is the best proposal to TS so far.

TS, you dont have to worry about no business, i am very sure if you practice what you preach, you will get 100% support from all CSER. Your business will force the rest of the competitors to close shop and you will gain monopoly in singapore.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I will sell my entire sets of gears and buy from him. Every 2 months I get a new set. cool.:lovegrin:

1st item I will like to buy from TS if he is taking up my business proposal will be :

1) EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM

Anyone want to add on to the list ? With enough pre-orders, I think TS may just take permanent leave and set up shop to take good care of CSer. Probably I can pass on this lens to my grandson's classmate's niece' bf together , with TS's contact in case something went wrong with this white baby.

The best thread of the week :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.