MS Color website have FZ20 & FZ3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One friend asked me whether the FZ3/10/20 can have the data stamp on the printings. She would like to buy one mainly for taking pictures of baby and the data print is one of her concerns.
FZ3 seems to have the DPOF setting, but I think it is only useful when a Pictbridge compliant printer is connected for use. The data stamp is not directly added on the jpeg.
Any clues ? :dunno:

Savio said:
One friend asked me whether the FZ3/10/20 can have the data stamp on the printings. She would like to buy one mainly for taking pictures of baby and the data print is one of her concerns.
FZ3 seems to have the DPOF setting, but I think it is only useful when a Pictbridge compliant printer is connected for use. The data stamp is not directly added on the jpeg.
Any clues ? :dunno:
I thought exif data includes date stamp. Use the DPOF to include date in selected print. A DPOF compatible printer should be able to print date.
Doesn't have to be pictbridge compatible. Correct me if I am wrong.

How about if we sent the jpegs for lab printing ?

Even if you send it to the develope in a photo studio, you can still include the date in the photo. Just let the them know if you want the date imprinted.

That's good. I'll try that next time. :)
I think my friend may buy the FZ3 if this problem is solved.
I hope there will be more FZ3 owners to join the forum.
I'm too lonely here. :(

Savio said:
That's good. I'll try that next time. :)
I think my friend may buy the FZ3 if this problem is solved.
I hope there will be more FZ3 owners to join the forum.
I'm too lonely here. :(

I will join you when black is available. Haha.

You mean you'll choose FZ3 instead of FZ20 ? Or you'll have both?

Cheers :bsmilie:

awongkk said:
Woah :bigeyes: , the thread have been growing, I think we can arrange to have our Lumix meet-up for once, so we can see the diff. FZ1, FZ2, FZ3 and of course the FZ10 and FZ20. What you guys think ? :dunno:

eh just saw this la...i think we should organise something...a shoot or something... :D

My wife won't give me permission.
I'm a part-time baby-sitter :cry:

wah u guys make my heart ichy ichy liao.. wanted to buy FZ20 but not out tat time...

so can i ask wad is included in the fz20 package?

this is the package i saw over the net at panasonic UK site

Standard Accessories

Battery Charger, Battery Pack, SD Memory Card (16 MB) Lens Cap, Lens Hood, Lens Hood Adaptor, AV Cable, USB Connection Cable AC Cable, Strap, CD-ROM

thinking of getting FZ20.. and to saftify my curiousity can i know wads a polarizer for ? wad is the viewfinder of FZ20 ? electronicVF ? is the AF fast enuff? :D :lovegrin:

ETboy said:
wah u guys make my heart ichy ichy liao.. wanted to buy FZ20 but not out tat time...

so can i ask wad is included in the fz20 package?

this is the package i saw over the net at panasonic UK site

Standard Accessories

Battery Charger, Battery Pack, SD Memory Card (16 MB) Lens Cap, Lens Hood, Lens Hood Adaptor, AV Cable, USB Connection Cable AC Cable, Strap, CD-ROM

thinking of getting FZ20.. and to saftify my curiousity can i know wads a polarizer for ? wad is the viewfinder of FZ20 ? electronicVF ? is the AF fast enuff? :D :lovegrin:

Hi, yes those are std accessories. Plus free case from certain shops.
Polariser, the old bird can explain. FZ20 and most digicams these days use EVF. AF is super fast. Any more Qns?
Hope you join us soon! :gbounce:

btw i realise most pple buy UV filter for their cameras. why is skylight filter not a popular choice? I like to get FZ20, but have not really try handling a big camera before. Is it hard and troublesome to bring the FZ20 along for most cases even though it may not be a purely phototaking session? any advice?

LifeWorld said:
Hi, yes those are std accessories. Plus free case from certain shops.
Polariser, the old bird can explain. FZ20 and most digicams these days use EVF. AF is super fast. Any more Qns?
Hope you join us soon! :gbounce:

yup.. i'm eyeing on lumix at commex the last time.. but FZ 20 not out.. once sold my current camera will get FZ20.. hmm... thats a good buy.. don have $ to buy another camera (still schooling , student got 0 income lol) the price is $920 with GST?

wiki said:
btw i realise most pple buy UV filter for their cameras. why is skylight filter not a popular choice? I like to get FZ20, but have not really try handling a big camera before. Is it hard and troublesome to bring the FZ20 along for most cases even though it may not be a purely phototaking session? any advice?

UV filter to protect precious lens from sun and dust. I keep it intact at all time. Not sure on skylight filter. Perhaps the pro can help you.

I dun lug the camera around always..
only when I think I got a chance to shoot, I will drop it in my car boot.

FZ20 is slightly bulkier than normal ones.. n to get better shots, u may
need a tripod too.. so kind of restricted.

Come to clubsnap to check for what events to go for shot lohz.. :D

Remember my question about the nugde in the lens when you rotate the FZ20....well, i read the yellow piece of paper that came with instruction manual and it says that it is normal:

"The camera will make sounds caused by internal mechanical movement when it is shaken. The soudn arises when the lens moves. It stops when the camera is turned on. This is not a malfunction.

Also it says:
"Never leave the camera and the battery in a car or on a car hood in the summer. It causes a leakage of the battery electrolyte, a generation of heat and may cause a fire and the battery to burst due to the high temperature."

bwilly, our summer's over but our weather still bery hot....soyou might want to think twice about putting it in the car boot........ let your baby sit in the aircon with you. hee hee....

Status
Not open for further replies.