MS Color (not cheap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
Wednesday went to MS Color to buy a budget digicam. Saw the Nikon Coolpix2100. The sales girl said list price $449. After some bargaining, she reduced to $410, "Must be cash, no VISA" she said.

Ok, so I paid cash and left.

Then walked into Courts, saw the same camera selling at $399.

To add more insult, later received from Cathay equote price $340.

I am not much bother for wasting $70, but for those who always think MS Color is cheap, perhaps they should think otherwise.

I guess usual practice of pricing an item before we buy is tedious, but could have saved you $70? :(

Salespeople will almost always charge higher whenever they know they can OR recommend products they make the most commission. If I know where the market price is, it helps to know when to bargain or walk away. :)

Be it Cathay, AP, TCW, or MS color.

Caspere said:
Be it Cathay, AP, TCW, or MS color.

True. I was charged $150 at AP for something they sell to others at $80, while at Cathay, someone insisted that the price for a reflector is fixed at $40, above the equote price of $26.

If you don't know the market price, even if you go CP, they also can slaughter you.

jasonpgc said:
If you don't know the market price, even if you go CP, they also can slaughter you.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

no only CP, everywhere else will do the same.

that's business mah,everyone out there to make a living,not to get goods and sell cheaply.cannot survive if everything they sell has such a low profit margin.they have families to feed too. :)

Dun think so
First thing is do your shopping carefully know the price and you will be safe.
MS color never give me problem so far
Ask for willy ,florence when u decide to make your purchase there that wat i alway do :p

end of the day, you should always check out every store for best price, or search around the thread in ClubSNAP for reference too

from experience, do you find that

walk-in price > phone quote price > equote price?

from experience, it better to get a rough idea of the price before purchasing the camera...look at a few shops or even get advise from Clubsnap member.....

kex said:
that's business mah,everyone out there to make a living,not to get goods and sell cheaply.cannot survive if everything they sell has such a low profit margin.they have families to feed too. :)

agreed with U :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pcwe68 said:
from experience, do you find that

walk-in price > phone quote price > equote price?

depends. sometimes I get better walk-in prices (at places where I frequent) than equote prices. It helps too if you speak to the bosses or someone more senior who could make the decisions.

hey every1, thanks a lot .....
it's really beneficial to me cos i'm most likely gettg A70 from one of the shops....
doing my research now ... :think:

mpenza said:
depends. sometimes I get better walk-in prices (at places where I frequent) than equote prices. It helps too if you speak to the bosses or someone more senior who could make the decisions.
I think it is important to stick to your regular salesguy and to build a rapport with him.

Be it John3:16, CP, AP or MS Color.
Sometimes this shop is cheaper than the other and sometimes it's the other way round.

If you know Mr ABC of XYZ company and has gotten your camera from him.
I always go back to the XYZ company and specifically wait for Mr ABC to be free to serve me and not approach Mr 123.

So that MR ABC will remember me by face and by name if I am calling in to find out a quote.
In That way, you get a good price anytime of the day, w/o need for troublesome e-quotes and such.

I wonder why there has got to be a MSRP, then a store price and a regular's price and a e-quote price.

If an e-quote can be done by anyone and there is no limit, why doesn't the store sell all it's product by it's e-quote price?

Status
Not open for further replies.