MRT Train distruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
MRT service disrupted

S'poreans experience MRT service disruption once again this morning. -AsiaOne

Mon, Apr 07, 2008
AsiaOne

Singaporeans once again faced MRT service disruption as they headed for work this Monday morning.

A portion of the North-South line was affected.

According to signs flashed at MRT stations, there was no train service from Yew Tee station to Bukit Gombak station towards Jurong East station.

AsiaOne reader Ms. Chiong reported that an accident happened at the Choa Chu Kang MRT station. A man was found dead on the train track.

Singapore Civil Defence Force and Singapore Police Force personnel were seen at the scene. They went down to the track and fenced off the area. Police are now investigating the case.

Information from http://news.asiaone.com/print/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20080407-58377.html

Jump on track.... sigh..... really wonder what's going on for this situation.. suicide or accident or........

MRT service disrupted

S'poreans experience MRT service disruption once again this morning. -AsiaOne

Mon, Apr 07, 2008
AsiaOne

Singaporeans once again faced MRT service disruption as they headed for work this Monday morning, when a man was found dead on the train track at the Choa Chu Kang MRT Station.

Police received a call at 8 am that a man had fallen onto the track. The man, a Chinese in his mid-40s, was pronounced dead at 8.30 am.

A portion of the North-South line was affected. According to signs flashed at MRT stations, there was no train service from Yew Tee station to Bukit Gombak station towards Jurong East station.

Trains running on this line had to turn around.

SMRT deployed a dozen buses to the station to bring the stranded commuters to the connecting stations shortly after 8 am.

Normal train services resumed at about 8.50 am after the body of the man was removed from the track.

A shopkeeper in the station said he heard commuters saying that the man had jumped onto the track.

Singapore Civil Defence Force and Singapore Police Force personnel were seen at the scene, which has been cordoned off. Police are now investigating the case.

information from http://www.asiaone.com/print/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20080407-58377.html

Barriers should be put up. The economy situation is not getting any better, I think the desire to end lives is very tempting.

People should have the right to end their lives, but that doesn't mean we cannot decrease the temptation.

ya... should have build an barrier, didnt we paid good money to no ending increasing fare?

Barriers should be put up. The economy situation is not getting any better, I think the desire to end lives is very tempting.

People should have the right to end their lives, but that doesn't mean we cannot decrease the temptation.

Hmm.. whatever it is, if the fellow need to end his life, he should not affect thousands of commuters... there are so many tall buildings here.. i saw one guy blacked out behind me in the train cos it was so long and crowded to use the alternative direction and another lady also not feeling well sitting at Raffles MRT station.

Maybe he took the easy way out. Cost of living is too high for the lower income to survive in Singapore. At 40, its hard to get a good job if one is do not have papers.

I dunno if you all notice that at Jurong East Station during the peak hours, one can easilly being push off the platform. Once I was push when the ppl rush out from the center track into the already packed platform. This should be the 1st station to install barriers.

Another sad case and it wont be the last, not until proper measures are taken.

so how many does the tally counts now?

Even if urgently need to reach the other side, I guess should also try to minimise inconvenience for so many people lah. Like wait for last few trains at night? Imagine jumping at lunch time in front of some Shenton Way skyscraper. Sure bring along a few buddies to other side. Not nice lah.

Even if urgently need to reach the other side, I guess should also try to minimise inconvenience for so many people lah. Like wait for last few trains at night? Imagine jumping at lunch time in front of some Shenton Way skyscraper. Sure bring along a few buddies to other side. Not nice lah.

maybe it's unplanned. it is like suddenly seeing a bottle of pesticide in front, and the notion just suddenly comes. so maybe he was already have serious problems, then as he was waiting for the mrt to go to work, it just swept him, and when losing all logic at that point, he just done it, like nothing else mattered. can be quite hard to fight the temptation to die sometimes, but once we are familiar with the feeling, it isn't exactly hard to control it, though it oftens take one major incident for that to happen. oh well, have to keep it for some other day.

If someone is suicidal, why would he care for others? He doesn't even care for himself

he wants the rest of the world to be affected by his misfortunes. stupid prick :angry:

there are so many ways to take ones life without affecting everyone. looks like people are not that creative and just taking the easy way out. sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.