mrt queue

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
Ppl nowadays like to cut queue on/at mrt station too much. Those floor sign totally useless. They should install those barriers like in bus interchange n force ppl to queue. Not only that, those alighting need not to squeeze every time. Some thing need to be done! :angry:

Ppl nowadays like to cut queue on/at mrt station too much. Those floor sign totally useless. They should install those barriers like in bus interchange n force ppl to queue. Not only that, those alighting need not to squeeze every time. Some thing need to be done! :angry:

hahaha. i don't usually take public transport... it has all to do with the mindset of the people who are taking the trains. they just want to get in asap to find the best place to stand or sit. they don't care about others.

hahaha. i don't usually take public transport... it has all to do with the mindset of the people who are taking the trains. they just want to get in asap to find the best place to stand or sit. they don't care about others.

same mindset on the road too. They late, they make other late too by cutting into their lanes. Should come out new rules. Those who cut queue or lane, other have the right to stop them using violent action without been charge. Ha ha! This rule only apply to those well able n not the old folks. Really sick of this kind of action every time.

Do what I do... Stand in the correct area for alighting. Then just walk. Ram into people. If they give you a "look" just scold them: "Wahlau you so kancheong, don't even know how to queue or read arrows, failed primary school izzit?". You'd be amazed how many then just shut up and quietly scurry into the train.

same mindset on the road too. They late, they make other late too by cutting into their lanes. Should come out new rules. Those who cut queue or lane, other have the right to stop them using violent action without been charge. Ha ha! This rule only apply to those well able n not the old folks. Really sick of this kind of action every time.

oh yea. i think i'm a little guilty of that too. but i'm riding a sportsbike cutting thru lanes. so it's pretty much faster. or riding thru lanes. but what i can't stand are drivers, who swerve into your lane without checking their blind spots. or try to force you outta your lane.

Do what I do... Stand in the correct area for alighting. Then just walk. Ram into people. If they give you a "look" just scold them: "Wahlau you so kancheong, don't even know how to queue or read arrows, failed primary school izzit?". You'd be amazed how many then just shut up and quietly scurry into the train.

*LIKE*

Just that ppl who dont queue up just like hungry ghost waiting for the door to come out. Ha ha! Or those ghost waiting to be reborn. Motorcycle cutting are ok, but not those cars, die die try to squeeze in. This city is really getting out of hand day by day. Maybe its a sign of over stress!

not only mrt, you can also see people jump queue at the bus interchange too. These people wait outside of the queue while the rest are in the queue, when the bus arrive, these people who are not queuing just walk up into the bus, the bus captain and the people in the queue did not even make a single noise. These people are mainly students.... sad..

but you never find out that a lot of drivers like to cut queue too? Especially those big cars, the queue was 1 km long, they just go in front of everyone, signal, filter right and force their way through.

i do this sometimes when i'm not in a very good mood. i just ram into those in my way, but not through senior citizens and kids. i still have some courtesy to show.

i do this sometimes when i'm not in a very good mood. i just ram into those in my way, but not through senior citizens and kids. i still have some courtesy to show.

Well yes, but I do make an exception for the aunties at AMK MRT. Those ladies are the worst, and they're tough too.

Well yes, but I do make an exception for the aunties at AMK MRT. Those ladies are the worst, and they're tough too.

i totally agree with u! i took mrt from amk to work 5days a week, often met those AUNTIEs who like to squeeze in from the corner -.-! its like whats the point for me to q up? i should just learn from them and cut the q from the corner -.-! worse is when the train its full they will just PUSH u in -.-! some will like MOVE IN PLEASE MOVE IN PLEASE.... damn sian ah~! why cant they just wait for another train? its just 3mins -.-

haha best is! those auntie with wet hair -.- and got those old sch shampoo smell (which i dont know how to describe here)

Last edited:
i totally agree with u! i took mrt from amk to work 5days a week, often met those AUNTIEs who like to squeeze in from the corner -.-! its like whats the point for me to q up? i should just learn from them and cut the q from the corner -.-! worse is when the train its full they will just PUSH u in -.-! some will like MOVE IN PLEASE MOVE IN PLEASE.... damn sian ah~! why cant they just wait for another train? its just 3mins -.-

haha best is! those auntie with wet hair -.- and got those old sch shampoo smell (which i dont know how to describe here)
If people have to wait 3 minutes every single time they couldn't force their way into the train during peak hours, they might as well wait 3 hours instead.

BTW, the number of passengers in each train of the Tokyo subway during peak hours could even exceed 200% of its design capacity. Just be glad that we are nowhere near that standard, but who is to say it might not be possible with another 900,000 FTs expected here over the next few years.

This has everything to do with education - not just in school, but also at home.

If the parents of a child charge into a train, or better still, use the child as a battering ram (as some wonderful, Moms and Dads of the year do), then the child will just replicate the behaviour and accept it as right - maybe use his Power Ranger toy as the battering ram.

One pet peeve of mine are the Vikings that seem to do what you describe even to people who have tried to make way for them to get off the train by alighting to create room. Assuming that everybody's very nice and stands at the correct area waiting for passengers to alight, it's unavoidable to have some amount of blockage. This happens at Paya Lebar in the mornings especially, for some funny reason.

I think quite a lot of city-dwellers (not just Singapore) have a subconscious fetish for collision with another human being.

If people have to wait 3 minutes every single time they couldn't force their way into the train during peak hours, they might as well wait 3 hours instead.

BTW, the number of passengers in each train of the Tokyo subway during peak hours could even exceed 200% of its design capacity. Just be glad that we are nowhere near that standard, but who is to say it might not be possible with another 900,000 FTs expected here over the next few years.

ok everyone lets force our way in!~!

WOW! so u meant we should just force our way in no matter what? in order not to wait for another 3 mins? or 3hrs to get in? clap clap. Best is to ask them dont go work so dont have to wait 3mins or 3hrs for train lo.

WOW! so u meant we should just force our way in no matter what? in order not to wait for another 3 mins? or 3hrs to get in? clap clap. Best is to ask them dont go work so dont have to wait 3mins or 3hrs for train lo.
I didn't say it was OK, just that you have to understand the mentality of most golden mouth self-centred Singaporeans with commuters exiting and entering complaining about each other not giving way or moving in respectively. Really just a typical case of your other fingers pointing back at yourself.

Shoving your way in is part and parcel of most rapid transit system in other cities during rush hour. Like I had said previously, just be glad that you are not being manhandled into the train as of now.

but you never find out that a lot of drivers like to cut queue too? Especially those big cars, the queue was 1 km long, they just go in front of everyone, signal, filter right and force their way through.

that's what we discussed above too.