MRT Can Shoot Photo or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erizai

Sep 16, 2005
Southen Sea
Hi All,

Anyone can tell me if I take my friend's photo in the MRT, is it ok?

I had seen people using their hand phone or PNS to take picture, but seldom see people use DSLR to shoot, any idea?

DoI need to go and apply a pass or what?:dunno:

erizai said:
Hi All,

I had seen people using their hand phone or PNS to take picture, but seldom see people use DSLR to shoot, any idea?

Been there, done that. No problems.

Unless you're telling me you're doing a full photo-shoot, then that will be a different story... ;)

icestrike said:
take other parts of the mrt station without a person in it, cannot ;)

Why? Spy thing?

cause of terrorists attack
they are now more particular and tight on the security, afraid u are a terrorist,wanting to take photos of possible locations of planting a bomb or smth :confused:

Maybe can try that Buangkok MRT station? Still unopened for now so there should not be security right?

if there were security:

can tell them you hunting for albino elephants
there were reports that there were white elephants sighted around this area

if u wanna strictly abide by their *rules*, it's there in fine print outside the ticket gates. the MRT is not public property, and they do have rules for (against) photography, though they may not always enforce them.

If you are asking, cannot. If official photo shoot, it's a different story, but if you just happen to be taking photo of your friend (who is ok with it), and the background is part of the mrt stn, why not? Just don't be giving the impression that you have something to hide.

If you take a few quick shots they won't bother. They know that there's a pretty large grp of photo enthusiasts who're doing it. But if you linger around for hours snapping at everything they're bound to be suspicious.

can lah.. no prob.. security not tight till like this. :D

rule no. 1
1 2 take photo , do it fast so that others got no chance to stop u

i actually 1 2 take those guards station at the mrt , the way they take weapons walk here n there. but i am afraid i wil brush with the law

Chiang said:
i actually 1 2 take those guards station at the mrt , the way they take weapons walk here n there. but i am afraid i wil brush with the law

Ah..you mean the riot police that do periodical visits at the station? heh Well you ask them lah. See if they willing to pose for a few shots with you or your friend. Tell them you local and gladly let them take down your IC. That you like to take their picture as you are proub of what they do. heh. In my days in the riot police when we patrol places, we get photographed by folks who come up to ask us and sometime we don't like it not because of sercurity but scare we might be caught not standing correctly, Uniform not properly worn, not wear our baret or peak cap while on patrol...etc heheh or worst caught disturbing girls! Usually NS boys that does this bit lah... heheh. But these day the riot police are no longer NS men but regular officers (Regulars might not be happy you take their pictures for REAL sercurity reasons heh ) unless they are from the KINs units. They are police reservist who are deem fit enough ( below 30yrs) to join this special tactical group. very cool... wish I was still young man..

Shot them doing their patro might be a problem lah but if say your mother or girlfriend want to pose a shot with them..that is okay heheh.. It is good Police public relations too.

erizai said:
Hi All,

read this
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=164465
you'll find your answer

icestrike said:
cause of terrorists attack
they are now more particular and tight on the security, afraid u are a terrorist,wanting to take photos of possible locations of planting a bomb or smth :confused:

nah. it's been restricted even before the 911 tragedy. I got stopped before when taking photo inside empty MRT at Marina Bay.

blive said:
That's not the point...we all have a standard we abide by on what's right and wrong.;p

oh! :eek:

then by right, it is private property and they say you cannot.

by left .... see #7

Status
Not open for further replies.