Mr Toh of Cathay Photo donates

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
saw Mr Toh of CP in person donating $20,000 at SPH on I News.

Wah! ok ,so the next shop is .......? :thumbsup:

start with "A"?

why not. CP is a key partner in our photographic community. just glad.

Why go personally at SPH... he could have just done a bank transfer or opened a cheque and mailed it over... I'm not doubting his sincerity.. but I just feel odd.

the mode of donation is immaterial as long as the victims benefit from it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to CP

espn said:
Why go personally at SPH... he could have just done a bank transfer or opened a cheque and mailed it over... I'm not doubting his sincerity.. but I just feel odd.

never mind lar espn... like offspring said liao, in whichever he donate also nvm lor, as long as the ones who needs it the most benefit from his deed... :D

espn said:

you will need to ask him. bear in mind that he is an old man.

i detest these doubts. can't we view an act of charity as it is!

reachme2003 said:
you will need to ask him. bear in mind that he is an old man.

i detest these doubts. can't we view an act of charity as it is!
Read my last sentence.

espn said:
Read my last sentence.

odd is how you feel. who cares? an act of charity is an act of charity.

reachme2003 said:
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Then why get so uptight over my comments if you don't care how I feel.

reachme2003 said:

i am sorry with my tone. I do not usually behave like that but i felt you were out of line.

reachme2003 said:
i am sorry with my tone. I do not usually behave like that but i felt you were out of line.

Cool it man. Don't you know ESPN has always been an Oddball. :bigeyes:

Guys chill out , I seriously dont appreciate all these comments especially when it comes to donations. Different people have different way of contributing and its up to them to decide how they want to donate.

And ESPN, your comments are totally uncalled for. And its baseless too. So unless you have 100% proof on what you going to say, I suggest you better keep those comments to your heart next time.

In view of the current Tsunami disaster situation, I urge all people can put aside all those meaningless doubts/comments and contribute your best to those who really needs help.

Thanks

It's ok... I think zenten didn't mean it as an insult.

Hi Jason, Pro-New,

I didn't pass judgement, I raised my curiousity. There were no allegations, those were my thoughts. Baseless perhaps, but it was just my thoughts. I meant nothing else.

espn said:

Hi Jason, Pro-New,

I didn't pass judgement, I raised my curiousity. There were no allegations, those were my thoughts. Baseless perhaps, but it was just my thoughts. I meant nothing else.

.....but your thoughts are annoying nonetheless

For Mr Toh, if i may quote, 'the best judge of a man's mind is through his actions'. this quote is also relevant for all of us.

espn said:

Hi Jason, Pro-New,

Some thoughts are better kept to your own heart than to blurt it out on a public forum like CS. You may mean nothing else but how will other readers read it. Theres a famous saying : 說者無意,聽者有心 . If you put yourself in the shoe of the person who donate 20k and seeing such basless thoughts in CS forum, how will you feel?

I cant and wont stop how people think, but I just like people to be more sensitive when it comes to such thing.

espn, apologise and retract ur baseless though.

(For all I know, if anyone goes to SPH with a big cheque, they will sure to interview. Why no one comment on the Croc's boss who called a press conference and be the 1st to announce he is donating RM1million?)

Status
Not open for further replies.