MR on St. Valentine's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgo

Dec 23, 2003
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
Today marked my completion of National Service with the SAF, which my unit (556 SIR) will be placed in Mindef Reserve. It's been a long while of 13 years, after going through thick and thin with my fellow comrades. I would like to share with all in CS here.

It's a day of remembrance and get-together with my comrades, with a video presentation followed by 10-year service award presentation in the morning, and a simple yet solemn parade in the MPH in the afternoon. The award is a nice Hamilton watch and a service medal kept in a very nice red box for everyone of us. Yes, we've earn it!

When the baton was passed back to the brigade during the parade, a sudden flow of memories flushed my mind. There were happy and the not-so-happy moments for all of us in the battalion. There were the tough jungle trekking and smelly bodies during exercises. There were the drinking and 'talk c**k' sessions after the 'siong siong' tranings. No matter what, these have foster the relationship among all of us.

After today, we'll part, but will definitely keep in contact with each other; but we can all now proudly say we have done our part in keeping this country safe and sound during these years. We can also say good-byes to in-camp trainings, IPPTs, RTs, and can also safely dispose our equipment. A feeling of happiness and lost all in a day.

Anyone here may like to share their MRs here, for the benefit of those who are still working towards this day. :)

congrats dude! no more ippt, disregard all mobilisation codewords, time to dump those gortex boots... :p

Eh, I will certainly be looking forward to my ROD...still got several years to go... :cry:

details are here.

Question 5 asks,

"If I am posted to MINDEF Reserve, am I still liable for IPPT?"

NSmen who have been posted to MINDEF Reserve will receive a letter from the respective unit. Once posted to MR list, your status as ?active NS? will cease and you are not required to take IPPT.

King Tiger said:
It is true that once under MR, there will be no more IPPT, RT ?
Can anyone confirm this ?

Thanks man! I'll dump helmets, webbings, full pack items and keep 1 set of boots and uniform, just in case MR recalls me back. Then it'll be REAL war! :eek:

user12343 said:
congrats dude! no more ippt, disregard all mobilisation codewords, time to dump those gortex boots... :p

Endure bro. Time pass very fast. I'm sure your day will arrive in no time. :)

Ah Pao said:
Eh, I will certainly be looking forward to my ROD...still got several years to go... :cry:

Yes, confirmed by my CO yesterday, but need to wait for the official letter from Mindef saying that you're officially posted to MR. My official date is 1 April 06. So those who was born before this date still need to take IPPT! I was born after this date. :bsmilie:

King Tiger said:
It is true that once under MR, there will be no more IPPT, RT ?
Can anyone confirm this ?

Thanks SB. Everyone needs to earn it, and on that day, one can then proudly say they've done it!

I've got a 3rd sergeant who has done only 5 HKs, but don't know for whatever reasons, has gone MR with us. So wherever he went, kenna 'suan' by us. This shows that if you have not earn it, really no point in going MR, cos the pride is not there. :nono:

Stereobox said:
congratulations! :)

i've got long long way to go...

Thanks for the link bro. Although this doesn't matter to me anymore, it will serve as very informative to those who are still in reservist training.

user12343 said:
details are here.

Question 5 asks,

"If I am posted to MINDEF Reserve, am I still liable for IPPT?"

NSmen who have been posted to MINDEF Reserve will receive a letter from the respective unit. Once posted to MR list, your status as ?active NS? will cease and you are not required to take IPPT.

Congrat to u!!! I still enjoying the ICT. As its not those Cheong Sua type. LOL... Let me count... 8 Years left though! Hehe....

Virgo said:
Thanks man! I'll dump helmets, webbings, full pack items and keep 1 set of boots and uniform, just in case MR recalls me back. Then it'll be REAL war! :eek:

i think u betta keep more sets of uniform, jus in case got war.... :bsmilie:

Thanks man! 8 more years to go...just count down on every ICT. Will pass every fast one lah... :)

Not cheong sua type is OK. Can still look forward to. My type cheong sua type. Every time got ICT, we all very low morale ... :bsmilie:

josho said:
Congrat to u!!! I still enjoying the ICT. As its not those Cheong Sua type. LOL... Let me count... 8 Years left though! Hehe....

No need to. My S3 say if got war, just need to wear the only uniform we've got and then MINDEF will re-equip us. :bsmilie:

sORe-EyEz said:
i think u betta keep more sets of uniform, jus in case got war.... :bsmilie:

Virgo said:
Yes, confirmed by my CO yesterday, but need to wait for the official letter from Mindef saying that you're officially posted to MR. My official date is 1 April 06. So those who was born before this date still need to take IPPT! I was born after this date. :bsmilie:

Virgo, I receive letter from mindef too that I am post to MR. :heart:
The offical date is same with you : 1 April 2006

I will be having MR Ceremony this Friday at Maju Camp, me and 2 of the CSers here are from 571 SIR. :)

What other equipment are you disposing of? Any photographic equipment? hee-hee
I'm not from Singapore, I don't understand these things.
MR = Mindef Reserve?, what is this? they call you when there is war?

Virgo said:
No need to. My S3 say if got war, just need to wear the only uniform we've got and then MINDEF will re-equip us. :bsmilie:

MINDEF will re-equip us with this.

photo_rev_power_01.jpg

Virgo said:

oh... dun throw dun throw..

pass to me...

haiz.. still got lonnngggg way to go... ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.