Mr JB Jeyaratnam has passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who are interested, JBJ's final service will be held at St. Andrew's Cathedral this Saturday 4th Oct at 2pm.
A candlelight memorial will also be held at Speaker's Corner 630pm on the same day.

Thanks.

Last edited:
There was no Speaker's Corner in those days.
Showing support to JBJ is one thing.
Being potentially filmed or video-taped with JBJ in a group of more than 3 (or 5 , can't remember) persons in a public place without police permit is another thing.

Besides self-reflection, what else to reflect on?

:thumbsup:

For those who are interested, JBJ's final service will be held at St. Andrew's Cathedral this Saturday 4th Oct at 2pm.
A candlelight memorial will also be held at Speaker's Corner 630pm on the same day.

Thanks.

:think:

Last edited:
Reflect on the correctness of your beliefs.

a. That gathering around JBJ is an offence
b. That he is somehow under surveillance all the time.

What does it say about a country whose people are so afraid?

if u recall, a union leader was ask to resign because he supported the opps. what does that tells u.

Thumbs Up:thumbsup: to a great guy who stands by his Principle and Beliefs. Courages to the very End. See you JBJ, Singaporean will surely miss a great Politician like you. :cry:

I would like to remind all again that please refrain from political discussions and anti government comments. This thread is for the sole purpose of paying tributes to Mr. JBJ and condolences to his family.

This will be the second and last reminder. Thank you for your cooperation.

:)
Thank you for your eloquence. I could not have put it better. And to think there are ppl who are afraid of secret police (do they exist?) taking their photos...

I would like to remind all again that please refrain from political discussions and anti government comments. This thread is for the sole purpose of paying tributes to Mr. JBJ and condolences to his family.

This will be the second and last reminder. Thank you for your cooperation.

While the moderator has every right to enforce the rules of the forum, there is one question worth asking. Are some rules made arising from the kind of "afraid" mentioned in the message below?

Enough said; will shut up for now.

The rules are set by the founders of Clubsnap in the best interest of the forum. As a photography forum, Clubsnap aims to provide a conducive environment for the photography enthusiats to gather and exchange ideas on PHOTOGRAPHY, NOT POLITICS. I am sure you are capable of finding many other forums on the internet that allow you to express your political views. And may I also remind you that you have agreed to abide by these rules in the Terms of Service when signing up as a new member.

Last edited:
:)
Thank you for your eloquence. I could not have put it better. And to think there are ppl who are afraid of secret police (do they exist?) taking their photos...

They do exist. They are called ISD, internal security department and they are no secret. They can be spotted filming demonstrations, protests and other "undesirable" activities.

The rules are set by the founders of Clubsnap in the best interest of the forum. As a photography forum, Clubsnap aims to provide a conducive environment for the photography enthusiats to gather and exchange ideas on PHOTOGRAPHY, NOT POLITICS. I am sure you are capable of finding many other forums on the internet that allow you to express your political views. And may I also remind you that you have agreed to abide by these rules in the Terms of Service when signing up as a new member.

I have posted twice in this thread, besides this one you are reading:
(1) Discussing why people avoided greeting JBJ in a public place - afraid of potentially breaking the law.
(2) Discussing why some forum rules are made - afraid again of potentially breaking the law.

Granted these are not photography discussions (hence they are posted in this Kopitiam sub-forum); but I do not think they are very much political discussions either.

Let me re-iterate that I respect "the moderator has every right to enforce the rules of the forum". This was already stated in my second post.

Have a good day!

I have posted twice in this thread, besides this one you are reading:
(1) Discussing why people avoided greeting JBJ in a public place - afraid of potentially breaking the law.
(2) Discussing why some forum rules are made - afraid again of potentially breaking the law.

Granted these are not photography discussions (hence they are posted in this Kopitiam sub-forum); but I do not think they are very much political discussions either.

Let me re-iterate that I respect "the moderator has every right to enforce the rules of the forum". This was already stated in my second post.

Have a good day!

While you may deem it to be non political, it does not means that we agree with your views that it is non political.

How the rules and terms of use in CS is derived and crafted is the sole rights and prerogative of the Admins aka owners. If you do not agree to the Term of Use and rules, you are free not to choose to be here, period.

As mentioned by the mod Ziploc, "This thread is for the sole purpose of paying tributes to Mr. JBJ and condolences to his family." so just let this thread serve out its purpose without any further distraction.

Last edited:
Rest in peace Mr JBJ and condolences to his family.

The topic has somehow veered towards secret police and their spy cameras - so in a way, that's related to photography, no? :p

Anyway, as a reminder to KS singaporeans, no prison in s'pore is large enough to hold 4-5 million people. The history of South Africa is a good reference. :)

For background reading:
Article 1
Article 2

(apologies to moderators: i know u have a tough job. But when a eulogy is allowed for a politician, one can't help but discuss politics. maybe should ban eulogies to politicians in future?)

Last edited:
Anyway, as a reminder to KS singaporeans, no prison in s'pore is large enough to hold 4-5 million people. The history of South Africa is a good reference. :)
QUOTE]

Sorry to disappoint you, but I think out of this 4-5 million people, only 0.0001% are willing to do anything about anything. No need changi prison, the one at Whitley is enough. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.