MPV?? anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawaii50

Dec 27, 2004
www.flickr.com
hi...i plan to get a new MPV...target Honda Odyssey....

anyone what any comment, or recommendation!!!!:cool:

Fuel suckers.

With Shell 92 at apprx $1.60/litre and Shell 98 at $1.80/litre. I got a feeling u have to pay $2/litre in.... 3yrs time?

It depends on how much u're willing to bust.

The Toyota Wish is a hot fav now. It's made in Japan and is actually meant for the Japaness market. Selling for around $65K+-. Ride comfort is good and the fuel com. is around 12km/L.

Cheers

The Toyota Wish is a hot fav now. It's made in Japan and is actually meant for the Japaness market. Selling for around $65K+-. Ride comfort is good and the fuel com. is around 12km/L.

Cheers

I'm sure it won't be $65K if you ask for a quote now. The COE price has just gone up to $13.5K for Cat B.

Fuel suckers.

With Shell 92 at apprx $1.60/litre and Shell 98 at $1.80/litre. I got a feeling u have to pay $2/litre in.... 3yrs time?

It depends on how much u're willing to bust.

Currently, full tank at Esso is about $95++.

If you're targeting, why not pop into tan chong motors and take a look at the Presage? :thumbsup:
It has GPS with touch screen, captain rear seats, auto sliding doors yada...yada...yada....

I still like the old Renault Espace (not the local downsized version) 3ltrs. Rode in one sometime ago and the thing was fast!

Try this:

http://www.carma.com.sg/priceguide/priceguide.php?catid=6

I have been looking around for a MPV as well. Presently driving the older Honda Odyssey - 2.3litre. Fuel consumption is high. Had used the Toyota Picnic. Fuel consumption :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Slightly smaller build than the HO but good pickup in terms of speed and like all Toyota cars, very quiet.

Was looking thru above list and noted Mitsubishi Outlander has 7 seater version. Looked at the specs - WOW, quite impressed. Even has Rockford Fosgate - 650watt amplifier, 9 speaker system with a huge subwoofer at the back. So, trotted down to the showroom this pm and had a look at the real thing. the front layout, etc was great but when it came to the 2 seats at the back, you practically have to curl up like a prawn if you sit in there unless you are midget of course. Could possible put in 2 small kids less that 5 years old there but the seat are so thin, you can actually feel the metal beneath!

here's the link if anyone wants to venture in: http://www.outlander.com.sg/

Anyone driving a Volvo XC90? How is it? I noe this horse is going to drink but how is it overall? tks

If you're targeting, why not pop into tan chong motors and take a look at the Presage? :thumbsup:
It has GPS with touch screen, captain rear seats, auto sliding doors yada...yada...yada....

hum...Presage....what the price like...how's the engine.....the only thing right from Nissan is the Fairlady Z and the Murano....so far

Anyone driving a Volvo XC90? How is it? I noe this horse is going to drink but how is it overall? tks

oh christ...XC90 is in a different league.....having said that... a 2 year xc90 is avaliable @ about 130K thou...temptation...;p

As Clarkson would say, "People carriers are for people who have given up on life". Lol. No offence. His words not mine. If you need one then by all means get one. :p

sg Absolute -> 160 BHP, Jp Absolute-> 200 Bhp....we're short changed.:thumbsd:

Hi,
the 2.3L (older version) odyssey has got higher comsumption than the current one. The 2.4EXV, has got much better power, handling and ecconomical consumption. I am getting about 9.5KM/L. The older version got me about 8.5-9KM/L max.

3rd row leg room of this version is poorer than the previous model, because Honda engineer lowered the 2nd row seats to achieve lower overall hight. As a result the third row leg room is sacrficed(3rd row passenger's feet are unable to tuck under 2nd row seats like the previous version does).

If you floor the accelerator, most normal car would not be able to pace up. I like the iVtec. But it drinks like crazy when you rev it.

Other than that, this is probably the most car like MPV.

You may want to consider Estima which gives better overall passenger room.

Dont touch XC90. Though 3L, very under power due to its 2+tone body. It drinks like nobody. So unless consumption is not your consideration. Reliability wise, do not expect to be the same as Japanese car.

Voyager is too huge, too heavy as well. The car feels slugish when being driven. I tried before. Poor body rigidity when driving even when it was new.

simply my opinion.

hum...Presage....what the price like...how's the engine.....the only thing right from Nissan is the Fairlady Z and the Murano....so far

The price for Presage is abt 92 +/- now... Highway star has 2 sunroof, and engine's powerful and smooth. Oh, another thing, i dunno y after the first servicing the engine's slightly more powerful:dunno: Anyway...Murano's nice, and so is presage:)

hi...i plan to get a new MPV...target Honda Odyssey....

anyone what any comment, or recommendation!!!!:cool:

Too common and to some it looks like some coffin carrying van :devil:

Been driving XC90 T6 for thelast 2 years. Even tho its almost 300 bhp, it feels under powered to me. But then again, why need so much power for a MPV? I've learnt to change my habits ever since i changed from a sports car. Safety and comfort for the kids are the priorites now.

For a luxury SUV/MPV, its stilll hard to beat at its price point. IMO of course.

guess...for the odyssey, after 14 years and 3 design cycles...the only complain here is it looks like a vehicle that carry the long box...and u cant stuff your feet under the 2nd row..

All MPVs are thirsty, the one that doesn’t drink, well probably doesn’t move under necessary conditions that is physics not opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.