Mp3 Player? Apple Ipod, Creative Zen, Sandisk Sansa, iRiver, Or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilterFunk

Apr 1, 2006
卧龙岗
looking to buy a mp3 player as a birthday gift for a close friend of mine whose some cheapo mp3 player broke down a few mths back..

was looking through what is available in the market and couldnt reach a decision which mp3 player to buy.. essentially looking at the 4gb-8gb mp3 players..

design is not so important.. but price and audio quality is a priority. user replaceable/removable batteries (AAA or Li-ion) are prefered but not neccesity. have a budget of +-$350

user opinions? suggestions / any comments are all welcome.. :)
TIA!

i think the sony ones are good. got everything, radio, video, picture, looks, etc.

The recent creative ZEN not bad...small, kinda chio..and kinda affordable.

:thumbsup: :p :thumbsup:

Why don't you ask your friend's opinion? Maybe there's a particular brand that she/he wants?

Sound quality? Headphone out of the Zen is quite good but if you really want quality get a iPod with lineout dock to an external amp :D Or you can look at the Cowon range of players. They are known for good headphone out quality..

Copying files from the PC to the MP3 players is passé.
Everyone can do it.

Choose one that allows you to copy files from the MP3 player to the PC.
This is the rare quality.
I think China made MP3 players allow this. Good for them!

Sony is too obsessive about "copy protection".

For many years, users of Sony Minidisc Recorders have berated the Sony company for refusing to allow their MD recorders to copy files from the MD to the PC.

There are numerous forums on this defective design. The curses are quite terrible to read.

Finally when Sony made one such item, the company suddenly seemed to have decided to stop ALL MD manufacture.
Try asking for MD recorders in Sony showrooms. NIL. NONE. ZILCH.

Copying files from the PC to the MP3 players is passé.
Everyone can do it.

Choose one that allows you to copy files from the MP3 player to the PC.
This is the rare quality.
I think China made MP3 players allow this. Good for them!

Sony is too obsessive about "copy protection".

For many years, users of Sony Minidisc Recorders have berated the Sony company for refusing to allow their MD recorders to copy files from the MD to the PC.

There are numerous forums on this defective design. The curses are quite terrible to read.

Finally when Sony made one such item, the company suddenly seemed to have decided to stop ALL MD manufacture.
Try asking for MD recorders in Sony showrooms. NIL. NONE. ZILCH.

Sad to hear.

I'm still sticking to MDs ... still have a professional grade MD deck and a MD walkman with me :rolleyes:

Think they came out with the HiMD or something... :dunno:

frankly, if not for the ITouch (since I now own one...;p) , I would have said "Anything but Ipods" .
SQ on ipods still suck compared with Creative, iRiver, Meizu etc.....

For Ipods, you are paying top $ for its design, perceived cool life-style and plain vanilla flavor features...ie no radio, EQ, no bass, lots of treble, low screen resolution compared to competitors etc...

i think the new Creative Zen is quite good. can expand memory capacity using SD. screen and sound is good... that's what they said in HWM. go read it for yourself or you can go to any Creative shop and hands-on the demo set.

i think the new Creative Zen is quite good. can expand memory capacity using SD. screen and sound is good... that's what they said in HWM. go read it for yourself or you can go to any Creative shop and hands-on the demo set.

the SD card memory integration is poor, many people have decided not to get the Zen because of this.

??? in what way? Anyway i would not use the SD card slot that frequently if it were me as im sure its slower than the built in memory, but comes in handy when u have data u want to view in the memory card.

Status
Not open for further replies.