Mozilla-Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good... enjoying using it... just tat some websites it can't support... overall it's user friendly and gd... :D

I prefer it over IE.

But for some reason, it doesn't support (or approve of):
-Comment boards on Tripod blog pages
-hotmail webpage (only sometimes)

The ad-prevention thing it has really works.

It has replaced IE as my browser of choice for months. Don't notice any incompatibilities since 0.93 onwards. Current 1.0PR version seems like a solid build, no bugs noted for any of the sites I surf.

I use only Mozilla, I don't use firefox, apart from some Javascript support which sometimes requires IE instead, I fully use Mozilla for even my webserver testing.

Great browser...the fastest I've ever used. The Mac version I use, is faster than Apple's Safari. Firefox is my default browser now.

been using it since Firebird 0.5 or thereabouts. tabbed browsing is a winner!

there's always the occasional site that dosen't like non-IE browsers, for those i use MyIE2.

Yeap.. Using Mozilla Firefox for quite some time. Some pages don't display properly but do so once you've reloaded it. Other than that, it's better than IE. At least there is native pop-up blocking which doesn't employ a blanket policy.
Java support isn't an issue since I've installed Sun's Java VM. Got it from when I downloaded Opera some time back.

Yup, me too ... been using Firefox for a couple of years now. Much better than Evil Explorer ...

Hi

interesting. perhaps i should give mozilla another chance. i still need some convincing though why anyone would want to develop on the "mozilla platform". perl / python seems to be more viable and easier choices.

i used to follow the mozilla project rather closely but gave up due to the unusability (my opinion) of the earlier versions on my Linux box and all the hype surrounding it. And besides, i really do like IE, which is the reason why for everyday tasks it's Windoze! Linux / FreeBSD for all the server side stuff and the "pretend-to-be-sys-admin" sessions :) (on a side note, i'm glad i was a net programmer and not a sys admin :p)

that's why I'm glad that IE is also available on the Mac platform that i am using now. safari is nice too. but there's something about the IE logo and the familiarity that draws me to it :devil:

anyway, wat's the difference between firefox and the one browser included with the Mozilla Suite? same for the included mail app vs thunderbird....are they the same?

Been using Mozilla / firefox since the early mozilla 0.x days. I can only say that firefox keeps getting more and more stable and compatible with more websites with each release. I have never used IE (because of the huge security holes) and will never do so, unless it is for windoze-update. I must say that FF 1.0 preview is a really good job.

However, my browser of choice is opera ( http://www.opera.com/ ). This baby is blazing fast (pretty much faster than moz / ff) and small and extremely customisable.

I had used mozilla , firefox, opera, ie.

I prefer mozilla of its functions. firefox is nice. Opera i seldom use it. ie only for sites that needs show java stuff...

i am using it currently but a bit funny leh, especially when using OWA (outlook webaccess). :(

i am using mozilla firefox.. not too bad but I still find it slower than native IE.

the only visible advantage is the tabbed browsing which I can't get used to it, I rather do the normal opening multiple windows.

the password management feature of mozilla is not bad either. very convenient.

i prefer the bookmarking system too.. I just don't like My Favourites :p A bookmark is a bookmark :p

There is still some sites which only work on IE .. pity .. then I need to load IE specifically... that ruins the whole FireFox experience.. so in my opinion.. IE still wins..

Mozilla beats IE hands down. If there are any sites which only work on IE, I boycott them 'cos websites should be W3C compliant, not IE-compliant. Of course, if I die-die have to access the site for whatever reason, then I reluctantly use IE.

The extensions are what make Mozilla and Firefox so wonderful. Tabbrowser Extensions and AdBlock are two of the best. I've also forgotten what pop-ups are. :D

I urge everyone to switch!

so many positive comments......I download straight away..

dont say untill so good as if firefox is flawless. Just look at the screenshot i posted earlier.

Firefox, hands-down kicks IE's butt. :)

For those who, like me, have no choice but to use IE sometimes (no thanks to lazy Web site developers), here's an alternative browser that uses the IE engine, but provides the very useful tabbed browsing and adblock features:

Maxthon

Firefox is still the most reliable and fastest though. :D

I've just downloaded and tried out. though just a short period of time, i'm quite happy with the speed of this browser. IE really out for me now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.