Mowbray Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemystery

Mar 31, 2008
Hey guys,

I'm being posted there to be mp. Only thing is I am Pes C( I thought only pes a n b ppl goes there? ). Who knows what the training is like? :)

Hey guys,

I'm being posted there to be mp. Only thing is I am Pes C( I thought only pes a n b ppl goes there? ). Who knows what the training is like? :)

With the dwindling male population and the other more serious "keng" king with unheard of medical prblems ... I guess Pes C also upgraded to combat fit now .... :bsmilie:

Just your luck ... Enjoy your training. Its all part of being a Singaporean male.

nowadays, the PES status grading is quite confusing. there are those PES C who are also in combat (like me in an operational infantry brigade) but are given excused for certain activities (like some stations in IPPT). then there are those who are not combat fit, yet in a combat unit doing training matters or ops. AFAIK, only those like PES E is really dun have to be in combat/operational unit.

just have fun. 2yrs will be over in a flash.

Last time PES C can be RP if I am not wrong. MP course is more xiong than RP, but MP has more power. Be prepared for lectures and tests on military law, TKD, field, revolver shooting, SPDS, etc. I should not reveal too much here. If you want to know more PM me. :)

Last time PES C can be RP if I am not wrong. MP course is more xiong than RP, but MP has more power. Be prepared for lectures and tests on military law, TKD, field, revolver shooting, SPDS, etc. I should not reveal too much here. If you want to know more PM me. :)
SAF does not use revolver but P226. SPDS is only for selected few, not all MPs go through this course, especially NSF.

nowadays, the PES status grading is quite confusing. there are those PES C who are also in combat (like me in an operational infantry brigade) but are given excused for certain activities (like some stations in IPPT). then there are those who are not combat fit, yet in a combat unit doing training matters or ops. AFAIK, only those like PES E is really dun have to be in combat/operational unit.

just have fun. 2yrs will be over in a flash.
PES C = Fit for some operational vocations.

PES C1 - Required to take IPPT but can be excused up to 2 static stations.

PES C2 - Do not have to take IPPT except regulars who are required to take Alternative Aerobic Fitness Test (AAFT).

PES C9 - All servicemen not required to take IPPT.

PES C grading will be followed by the L-Code (Land Deployment Code) as follows:

L1 - Fit for field duties including front-line duties.

L2 - Fit for field duties but only in Unit HQ or rear areas.

L3 - Fit for operational duties at Bases only.

Hey guys,

mowbray camp is a stay out unit (IIRC), except during course periods. after you pass out from MP course, you might be posted out to other different camps to be guard 3IC (requirement for all SAF guardrooms to have a MP stationed there now), or you might be posted to different departments within MPC (HQ, SIB, MWD, etc).

good luck for your days to go to ORD..life as a MP is much better than your peers chionging in the jungle.

"PRIDE DISCIPLINE HONOUR!"

mowbray camp is a stay out unit (IIRC), except during course periods. after you pass out from MP course, you might be posted out to other different camps to be guard 3IC (requirement for all SAF guardrooms to have a MP stationed there now), or you might be posted to different departments within MPC (HQ, SIB, MWD, etc).

good luck for your days to go to ORD..life as a MP is much better than your peers chionging in the jungle.

"PRIDE DISCIPLINE HONOUR!"

life doesn't end as MP after ord..if suay u might be posted to combat unit as infantry trooper for yr reservist...

SAF does not use revolver but P226. SPDS is only for selected few, not all MPs go through this course, especially NSF.

Okay, thanks for the wonderful clarification. You don't need to go to the extreme to correct me as if I am bullshitting. My time was more than ten years ago and my friends and I still use the word 'revolver'. TS, I will reply you tomorrow about the stuff. =) I have some pictures too, but very old liao.

Okay, thanks for the wonderful clarification. You don't need to go to the extreme to correct me as if I am bullshitting. My time was more than ten years ago and my friends and I still use the word 'revolver'. TS, I will reply you tomorrow about the stuff. =) I have some pictures too, but very old liao.

10 years ago we use the term "revolver" meh ??

yeap, MP joins infantry for training and deal with POW, security of base/command center, instead of chionging like normal infantry soldiers. correct me if wrong
nope i dun recall there such detachment within the reservist infantry unit.....anyway dun worry...chioning jungle and long march isn't really that bad..They are a very good form of excercise

Thanks for the comments guys. Going in tomorrow liao. Wish me luck.

Now that I think about it... I don't recall ever handling a revolver much less seeing one.

Wah so many ex MPs here, can start an Ex MPs outing group liao :bsmilie: By the way, MP is a vocation and it is very unlikely to be transfer to infantry unit to chiong sua unless the NSF committed a serious offence during his NS days.

MPs get the privilege of being posted to Infantry to cheong sua cheong hai after NSF.....

best is if u are C2L9...I was....siam all the way...until MR

Status
Not open for further replies.