moving from sony FF to fuji, but .. too expensive?

dynoto

Feb 22, 2017
Singapro
i'm a sony a7ii user here, looking to migrate over to fuji x-pro2 to experience rangefinder ...

checking the prices of fuji camera in singapore is ridiculously expensive, just for the 1 year warranty?

with the price of fuji in japan (BICCamera / Amazon JP) i can buy a return ticket all the way to tokyo .. spend got two/three days there and still got money to spare.

i'm really curious with the price discrepancy between regions, sony doesn't have this case apparently .. bought my 24-70GM lens for 2.7k and in japan sold for 2.6k

Have you tried renting Fuji systems? Just 'to experience rangefinder ' I find it a bit far fetched to purchase a system.

i tried my friend's xt-2 and quite impressed with it. also the retro leica-ish form factor

Strictly speaking, none of these are rangefinders at all. The only digital rangefinders are made by Leica and Epson.
But if you’re just looking for a left corner eye-level finder camera, you can try Panasonic GX7/8/9, Olympus Pen F or if you don’t mind fixed lens, the X100 series.

x100f looks pretty good, but the inability to change lenses is a cons to me.
I'd still like to have a bit of flexibility when it comes to this.

definitely not into panasonic or other micro 4/3rds

I like the XT2, if I didn't got the Olympus earlier, I may consider getting Fujifilm... :D