Movies - involving photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Dec 27, 2004
Portland, OR, USA
www.geocities.com
I did a thread search without any good results. Anyone know of any good movies involving photography or with a photographer as an active character?

I just think that'd be fun to watch. I'm particularly interested in photojournalists or national geographics photographer type characters. Thanx :)

My favourite is The Bridges of Madison County. A very touching tale. Clint is using Nikon for his assignments.

Shutter?

http://www.shuttermovie.com/EN/

detail_shutter.jpg

War Photographer, a documentary feature on James Nachtwey by Christian Frei

and

Blow-Up, a 1966 film directed by Michelangelo Antonioni. i have written a short essay on it, if anybody wants to read :bsmilie:

1031_Blow_up_01.jpg

Happy New Year 2005!!.

hey thats your shoots photo...

The Photographer - National Geography :bsmilie:

Through The Lens - National Geographic Channel. Every Sunday Night and Monday morning.

very nice show.... :thumbsup:

Jess said:
I did a thread search without any good results. Anyone know of any good movies involving photography or with a photographer as an active character?

I just think that'd be fun to watch. I'm particularly interested in photojournalists or national geographics photographer type characters. Thanx :)

Spiderman !!!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Jackal

Not really a photographer, but he does have something that every photographer drools. :think:

Er.... what, Full Metal Jacket count or not? War Photographer mah. Then there's also a cool scene in the Mel Gibson war flick, name slipped my mind :dunno:

City of God. Brazillian movie about two boys growing up in a violent neighborhood of Rio de Janeiro: one becomes a photographer, the other a drug dealer. good flick. big hit @ cannes film fest.

bangkuangz said:
Spiderman !!!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

HAHAHA! I had thought of that one. :D

Wow thank you guys so much. I'm going to get on looking these movies up to see which ones might interest me. Of course more suggestions are welcome.

trust me .. Blow-up will blow you away :bsmilie: i've watched it like a million times. but that's me

paperrazzli is asuperb show with lotsa equipment..... dunno i spell correctly a not....WAR photographer is SOLID>... especially when they show the helmet camera thingy.... Powere!!! and of course.... Leica M6!!
gonna bring my fm2 for my next reservist!

Larry said:
City of God. Brazillian movie about two boys growing up in a violent neighborhood of Rio de Janeiro: one becomes a photographer, the other a drug dealer. good flick. big hit @ cannes film fest.
i second this =)

Recently Julia Roberts starred in a film by the name CLOSER, where I presume she is a photographer in that movie. In the trailers, I saw her using a Leica and Hassy.

Cheers,
-Michelle- :D

mich_2103 said:
Recently Julia Roberts starred in a film by the name CLOSER, where I presume she is a photographer in that movie. In the trailers, I saw her using a Leica and Hassy.

Cheers,
-Michelle- :D

and she gets to shoot natalie portman.

zaren said:
and she gets to shoot natalie portman.

well.. natalie portman is so yummy she will look good even with a p&s camera or a 0.1megapixel handphone camera! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.