Movie Theatres

Tango Wasp

Jul 31, 2007
Last Friday, I paid (almost an arm and leg) for 2 tickets for Kung Fu Panda - luckily my wife and I laughed all the way.

Before the show started, there was a HIP advertising (importance of Intellectual Property) - telling people not to download movies otherwise future generation will not know what a movie theatre is.

The ironic thing for me is that the prices of movies is so high. Talk about inflation! It seems that the owners are pricing their way to fasten the age of movie theatres into a thing of the past.

I guess, the best way to catch Kung Fu Panda 3 now is to wait till it is shown on Channel 5 on Saturday.

Erm... 1 movie ticket = 10 dollars right?
If that is already an arm and leg for you, then you probably sold most of your organs for your camera system...

Last Friday, I paid (almost an arm and leg) for 2 tickets for Kung Fu Panda - luckily my wife and I laughed all the way.

Before the show started, there was a HIP advertising (importance of Intellectual Property) - telling people not to download movies otherwise future generation will not know what a movie theatre is.

The ironic thing for me is that the prices of movies is so high. Talk about inflation! It seems that the owners are pricing their way to fasten the age of movie theatres into a thing of the past.

I guess, the best way to catch Kung Fu Panda 3 now is to wait till it is shown on Channel 5 on Saturday.

Better learn how to exploit all those cool credit offers and card memberships to get cheaper movie tickets...

Everyone's doing it, I'm surprised you have not caught on.

puhzo.jpg

Better learn how to exploit all those cool credit offers and card memberships to get cheaper movie tickets...

Everyone's doing it, I'm surprised you have not caught on.

I used to catch all my movies on long-haul flights on SQ and lost track of the movie scenes here.

If that is already an arm and leg for you, then you probably sold most of your organs for your camera system...

It was $11. $2.50 short of 3 rolls of Kodak ASA 400 Film.

I used to catch all my movies on long-haul flights on SQ and lost track of the movie scenes here.

then you're outta touch.... these days, i just enter contests to win tickets.... and if i don't, i leech from friends :bsmilie:

Passion Card --> Membership very cheap, cannot remember how much it is --> $7 tickets anytime at Cathay
DBS LiveFresh Card --> Annual fee waiver potentially forever free --> $6.50 weekdays, $8.50 weekends at GV; applies for online bookings

Most DBS debit/credit cards also have the same pricing..

These are just 2...

i pay only 7 dollars per ticket.

passion card @ cathay

safra card @ gv.

lol.

I guess different people prioritise price / value / worth differently
I cringe when I see my pal's expenditure on his audio system
He cringes when he sees my expenditure on cameras and lenses
I find 10 bucks rather expensive for tickets as well, even though they are perfectly affordable.

But good saving tips, wk and people.

Ryan

Heard from the radio at this morning that the prices for movie tickets had been adjusted.

DBS LiveFresh Card --> Annual fee waiver potentially forever free --> $6.50 weekdays, $8.50 weekends at GV; applies for online bookings

this is also honored for walk-in booking at the theater. ;)

this is also honored for walk-in booking at the theater. ;)

Oh, of course, and don't have to pay booking fee...

But $1 is ok, sometimes easier to book in advance online than to go there and discover that no seats.. Or front row seats... GV can collect from AXS. :)

no money watch lawl... i'm probably one of the rare few that dun go movies...

last time i was at a cinema... what was i doing? free seminar, hear joe mcnally :)

U want can always ask me to buy for u, the passion card can get 2 ticket for 7 dollars each ..

...i go malaysia watch jack sparrow version...lol!!!

seriously tho, watching movie in singapore is cheap liou.

I say let the greedy movie operators sink.
1. No apologies and amends for screw ups during screenings
2. Rising tickets prices every year to every other year.
3. Lousy and pricy crap they call snacks and food; Can't bring in outside stuff. I don't mind paying if the crap they sell was as nice as a simple BK burger.
4. 'god given' right to check customers bags for food and drinks, which is ridiculous

~$30, I can get a 2nd hand console game and have 15+ hrs of game play. More involving and sometimes better story lines as well ("Heavy Rain" anyone?)

I say let the greedy movie operators sink.
1. No apologies and amends for screw ups during screenings
2. Rising tickets prices every year to every other year.
3. Lousy and pricy crap they call snacks and food; Can't bring in outside stuff. I don't mind paying if the crap they sell was as nice as a simple BK burger.
4. 'god given' right to check customers bags for food and drinks, which is ridiculous

~$30, I can get a 2nd hand console game and have 15+ hrs of game play. More involving and sometimes better story lines as well ("Heavy Rain" anyone?)

i remember last time can bring in whatever **** we want. macs la what la. lol