Movie: The Hurt locker

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
4034079449_eeb5a0e767.jpg

I watched the movie today at Cathay. A low profile movie here in Singapore without much publicity.

It’s a very good and intense movie about the US Army EOD team while in Iraq.

You can feel the fear of the man who became an unwitting suicide bomber.

Directed by Kathryn Bigelow.

4034834958_0312d76b28.jpg
4034836454_552bc51a9c.jpg

Last edited:
Another US propaganda movie for those war mongers............this is how they keep the US population in fear and get enough support for their billion dollars war budget every year.

They should ask themselves why those extremists (I actually don't see these extremists as Muslims anyway cause what they do is against the teachings and based on a distorted view of what the big Jihad means) hate them so much..........there lies the real solution of this war

The US is always portrayed as the hero, since the days of the cowboy movies (the Indians were the bads then)........

HS

the part on the implanting of bombs in "beckham" is like :bigeyes:

i played bf2(battlefield 2 PC game) many months ago in a US server by chance and made friends with an EOD spec in the marines who happened to be playing in the same server.

got to know him and his life. this story relates to him ...on what he does ..

found out few weeks ago while playing bf2 in the same server by the admin , he was KIA by an IED... rip... they live a dangerous life..

>It’s a very good and intense movie about the US Army EOD team while in Iraq.

Its a very gd movie, and love the intense scenes.
Those who expects a shoot-em-up will be disappointed though.

Only just realized it was directed by a female director,Kathryn Bigelow; who incidently directed another movie which i count as one of my fav, Point Break(1991); unfortunately starring Keanu Reeves..phooey..:)

>You can feel the fear of the man who became an unwitting suicide bomber.
Tink I know that scene. It was wonderful and definately one of the highlights.
Not a round fired but so intense, kept asking myself what would I have done in place of SSgt.William..lol

That scene depicted on the poster above with mutiple IEDs was gd as well.

Last edited:
the shaky camera gave me headache, had to close my eyes for half the movie :(

Another US propaganda movie for those war mongers............this is how they keep the US population in fear and get enough support for their billion dollars war budget every year.

They should ask themselves why those extremists (I actually don't see these extremists as Muslims anyway cause what they do is against the teachings and based on a distorted view of what the big Jihad means) hate them so much..........there lies the real solution of this war

The US is always portrayed as the hero, since the days of the cowboy movies (the Indians were the bads then)........

HS

Actually it's quite the contrary. This is one of the rare war movies that does NOT feed you with suggestions, but leaves the viewer to find their own answers.

Even the characters themselves are in constant struggle to find meaning in what the hell exactly they're doing over there.

IMHO, the best war movie I've seen in quite a while. A solid 10/10 :thumbsup:

As I and some of us here have said before, this is one of the most realistic and logical war film we have ever watch. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The film deserve it credits and is the biggest winner of the 82nd Academy Awards.
Won 6 Oscars,
Best Film Editing
Best Sound Editing
Best Sound Mixing
Best Original Screenplay
Best Director
Best Picture

Last edited:
As I said before, this is one of the most realistic and logical war film I have ever watch. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The film deserve it credits and is the biggest winner of the 82nd Academy Awards.
Won 6 Oscars,
Best Film Editing
Best Sound Editing
Best Sound Mixing
Best Original Screenplay
Best Director
Best Picture.

:thumbsup: ... bought the blu ray of the movie. One of the best!

Hurt Locker – movie review

I raved about the movie Gamer just yesterday, praising its solid sound effects, and awesome surround, but hold the presses! We have a new winner in the critically acclaims “Hurt Locker”, which is now the reference for me, rivalling some of the best bass from the Die Hard 4, and the kind of surround from Star Trek and Up.

Ok, everyone knows the tight editing and realistic portrayal of the Gulf War and the tension in the Iraq insurgency, and the wonderful job that Kathryn Bigelow has done and I agree with all the positive comments. Take the best of Generation Kill, add more tension, the better parts of Courage Under Fire, plus the kind of careless abandonment that we saw in Captain Spears from Band of Brothers and mix in the kind of fearlessness we witness in “Fearless” the old show with Jeff Bridges, and you get this. 4/5 for the plot.

A special mention about the main man in the show, Jeremy Renner, who has been a journeyman, who has been in TV, and movies over the past decade or two, and has only been able to come into his own in the recent few years. I first noticed him in SWAT where he played Gamble the SWAT turned bad guy. His devil-may care attitude there has carried over to this production, and he uses this anti-hero stance with scant regard for his own safety to good effect and he richly deserves his Oscar nomination.

Now about that surround and bass, since this show has many explosions and demolitions, you get a real treat here, and with the ambient sounds of an Iraqi street emanating from all the speakers, if you have a 9.2 state of the art system, this will give your system the kind of demo workout you dreamed about. 5/5

No chick factor here, and that’s fine.

Should you own it – yes, this is a keeper. Highly recommened.
Footnote:

And the winner is : The Hurt Locker!

SPOILER ALERT:

There are some inaccuracies in the uniforms, and Jeremy Renner is way too gung-ho to be a real bomb disposal guy, I might even shoot the chap myself. But the editing and tight drama, the tension combined with genuinely good chemistry and good portrayls by the whole crew, with good support from a stellar cast, ranging from Guy Pierce to David Morse to even Ralph Fiennes, moves the plot along with good alacrity and the award comes richl deserved. Kudos to beating the Big Blue 3D giant.

glad they won the best screenplay, director, picture and the other 3 awards.

one of the outstanding films i seen for last year. :thumbsup:

one of the best movies i've watch in the past 6 months.

Hurt Locker – movie review
[ Now about that surround and bass, since this show has many explosions and demolitions, you get a real treat here, and with the ambient sounds of an Iraqi street emanating from all the speakers, if you have a 9.2 state of the art system, this will give your system the kind of demo workout you dreamed about. 5/5[/SIZE][/FONT]
Should you own it – yes, this is a keeper. Highly recommened.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Just watched the Blu-Ray of The Hurt Locker and certainly agree the surround and bass
tested my sytem to it's fullest:thumbsup: