Movie: The Hurt locker

I don't feel it deserves the title of "Best Picture". I watched it once and I wouldn't want to watch it again. It feels like a documentary.

I don't feel it deserves the title of "Best Picture". I watched it once and I wouldn't want to watch it again. It feels like a documentary.
Documentary? You should watch District 9, that one was filmed like a documentary but captivating storyline too. I watch tHL twice on a 5" screen onboard Qantas and it made my whole flight exciting

Documentary? You should watch District 9, that one was filmed like a documentary but captivating storyline too. I watch tHL twice on a 5" screen onboard Qantas and it made my whole flight exciting

Wow. I guess different people have different tastes. District 9 is on my list of movies to watch so I'll get to know what you mean. Maybe I'm not that into war movies but comparing "band of brothers" to "the hurt locker", imho, I'd prefer BOB.

Wow. I guess different people have different tastes. District 9 is on my list of movies to watch so I'll get to know what you mean. Maybe I'm not that into war movies but comparing "band of brothers" to "the hurt locker", imho, I'd prefer BOB.
I'm a War movie junkie:bsmilie:. Best war drama I ever watched is COMBAT starring Vic Morrow in the 70's. BOB is excellent probably due to being produced by Steven Spielberg:thumbsup: Another of my fav of his is Saving Private Ryan. How come didn't see him at the 82nd OSCAR?:dunno:

I'm a War movie junkie:bsmilie:. Best war drama I ever watched is COMBAT starring Vic Morrow in the 70's. BOB is excellent probably due to being produced by Steven Spielberg:thumbsup: Another of my fav of his is Saving Private Ryan. How come didn't see him at the 82nd OSCAR?:dunno:

I don't recall Steven Spielberg directing a movie the last year.

I reckon even war movies junkies like myself, who loves BOB & BHD, won't even classify THL in the same category. Not talking abt realism & all that, cause its not, but still its wonderful in many other ways..:)

Same here. :bsmilie:
I watched from cinema to DVD to Blue Ray. Never sick of watching.

I also like 300. :lovegrin:

++++1 .... 300 was brilliant.

So many twists and turns. I think part of the appeal here is, that both Blackhawk and 300 are based on fact.

Where as Hurt Locker, is based on what they think is done, but with alot of realism.

To me HL is to gung ho. I have friends whom are in the SAS and ex SAS and been in Northern Ireland aganist the IRA, and they have said HL compares nothing to what happens in real life when you are facing bombs.

The Last Samurai :lovegrin:

:)

++++1 .... 300 was brilliant.

So many twists and turns. I think part of the appeal here is, that both Blackhawk and 300 are based on fact.

Where as Hurt Locker, is based on what they think is done, but with alot of realism.

To me HL is to gung ho. I have friends whom are in the SAS and ex SAS and been in Northern Ireland aganist the IRA, and they have said HL compares nothing to what happens in real life when you are facing bombs.

The Last Samurai :lovegrin:

:)

BraveHeart. :lovegrin:

i've watched this movie the 2nd day it was shown here in singapore for the first time, my friend was hesitant to join me because she "don't know" about this movie and who the actors/actresses were, i also don't know... but being a war movie, i was really keen to see it as i once attempted to apply for the marines (cannot make it because of height requirements! hehe). anyways, the movie really kept me on the edge of my seat all throughout! well deserved award!:thumbsup:

yup, District 9 is a great movie to watch. unknown casts, superb acting and great directing by Peter Jackson. guess the movie ending was kinda sad...

oh yes, i still remember the TV series COMBAT. always looking forward to watch it years back. there are also a few war TV series;

- Dirty Dozen
- Ba Ba Blacksheep
- Danko's Dozen

old war movies like Tora, Tora, Tora was interesting too. this was the first movie i watched on the Pearl Harbour attack.

Same here. :bsmilie:
I watched from cinema to DVD to Blue Ray. Never sick of watching.

I also like 300. :lovegrin:

who can ever forget... "This is Sparta!!!" :bsmilie:

very graphical movie... pure entertainment.

who can ever forget... "This is Sparta!!!" :bsmilie:

very graphical movie... pure entertainment.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: .... :bsmilie:

Another one: Troy!

BTW, anyone still remember the war movie by Mel Gibson on the vietnam war?

And a movie on a black platoon in USA civil war called Glory?

oh yes, i still remember the TV series COMBAT. always looking forward to watch it years back. there are also a few war TV series;

- Dirty Dozen
- Ba Ba Blacksheep
- Danko's Dozen

old war movies like Tora, Tora, Tora was interesting too. this was the first movie i watched on the Pearl Harbour attack.

I like Dirty Dozen .... never miss an episode of it. :)