Movie files

Status
Not open for further replies.

West_ray

Feb 10, 2003
Yishun
galleries.photonx.org.
if i d/led a movie as avi, asf, wmv, and i wanan change it to mpg, is it possible?? wat software do i need to do the conversion?

TIA

hey thanks dude ~

but it seems tat i couldnt d/l any software that i want, all of it just d/led halfway and was prompted "download completed" ... but when i tired to open it, it couldnt be open!

haiz ...

West_ray said:
hey thanks dude ~

but it seems tat i couldnt d/l any software that i want, all of it just d/led halfway and was prompted "download completed" ... but when i tired to open it, it couldnt be open!

haiz ...
Haiz...
Nothing much I can do abt that.......
:blah: :blah:

Bluestrike said:
Haiz...
Nothing much I can do abt that.......
:blah: :blah:

:cry: :cry: ... then anyone here has any software tat can convert avi to mpg ????????????? i have some movie tat cannot be view ~~~

West_ray said:
:cry: :cry: ... then anyone here has any software tat can convert avi to mpg ????????????? i have some movie tat cannot be view ~~~

Actually, you try installing the codecs? it might be the cause. If not.... then really dunno liao....

Cos under AVI, there are still many variants

West_ray said:
The avi file type is merely a 'container' for the movie data. There are more than 10 types of codecs (compression/decompression drivers) which exist for the avi format. With the correct codec installed, you can use windows media player to play the avi. The prob is figuring which codec the avi file was encoded with.

If you took the clips with a canon digicam, then the avi codec that you need to install is "m-jpeg" ie. motion-jpeg (which is not the same as jpg or mpeg). Adobe premiere can convert the fomat but is prob overkill for something as simple as conversion. You prob can get some freeware to do the conversion. Impt thing is to install the correct codec first.

kng said:
The avi file type is merely a 'container' for the movie data. There are more than 10 types of codecs (compression/decompression drivers) which exist for the avi format. With the correct codec installed, you can use windows media player to play the avi. The prob is figuring which codec the avi file was encoded with.

If you took the clips with a canon digicam, then the avi codec that you need to install is "m-jpeg" ie. motion-jpeg (which is not the same as jpg or mpeg). Adobe premiere can convert the fomat but is prob overkill for something as simple as conversion. You prob can get some freeware to do the conversion. Impt thing is to install the correct codec first.

icic ... but right now when i wanan convert the avi file to mpg, or wanna play the avi files, my comp will just hang! ... haiz .. so sianz ... nvm ... then i think i will del it away

yo maybe you can try download this program call tmpg convert... it can convert avi to mpg pretty efficiently and its a freeware. Can be d/l at from the following website...

http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

Tho i'm not sure if it will help solve ur prb of opening the file even after converting to mpg.. ;)

phantasia said:
yo maybe you can try download this program call tmpg convert... it can convert avi to mpg pretty efficiently and its a freeware. Can be d/l at from the following website...

http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

Tho i'm not sure if it will help solve ur prb of opening the file even after converting to mpg.. ;)

thanks phantasia ... it was exactly the one which i d/led ... haha .. well ... didnt work afterall ... think the prob is with my comp bah ... maybe it's incompatiable with avi file or for watever reasons ~

sorry one more qns ... when i opened a file (regardless of wat format) with WMP, some of the movies cannot be skip using the scroll bar, may i know wat's wrong with tat?

tia

nothing wrong with that, if i remember correctly, you cannot fastforward a movie file in .asf format.

caseytan said:
nothing wrong with that, if i remember correctly, you cannot fastforward a movie file in .asf format.

yah .. .tat file i was trying to fastward is a asf format, nvm i'm converting it to mpg and try to see whether it works... thks

why do you want to convert everything to mpg ? imho, mpg format is outdated, low quality, big in file size compared to divx, xvid, ogg vorbis etc ;P

caseytan said:
why do you want to convert everything to mpg ? imho, mpg format is outdated, low quality, big in file size compared to divx, xvid, ogg vorbis etc ;P

izzit?? haaha ... anyway the files will be deleted once i watched it, and my video convertor dun have those file format tat u metnioned

er...you mean you spend those time to convert to mpg just to watch it ???

since your WMP has problems with .avi files, why don't you try some other software, such as BSplayer (Note : nothing to do with BlueStrike)

http://www.bsplayer.com

and download nimo codec pack, which contains Xvid, Divx codecs, etc etc.

http://nimo.titanesk.com/modules/news/

Status
Not open for further replies.