Moved/Split from Jemapela's "Looking for model" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verywierd

May 29, 2005
Nude, TFCD and pay for your own food? What a good deal for the model :confused:

In that case, any models interested to do an in-Singapore studio shoot, not for publication, nude, paid and I will throw in fast food of your choice :)

I believe Jemapela will come up with a deal that with satisfy both parties. As such, your comments are redundant and rude to the threadstarter.

Hope you get your applicants.

Cheers.

verywierd : there's a function called PM and you can take out any grievances to the thread starter directly. Don't make urself public enemy #436349 on this forum....

Just like there are all kinds of folks that populate this world, there are the nice, nasty and naughty people here in a free-for-all forum.

Well, we will have to live with it. :what: :think:

Verywierd said:
Nude, TFCD and pay for your own food? What a good deal for the model :confused:

In that case, any models interested to do an in-Singapore studio shoot, not for publication, nude, paid and I will throw in fast food of your choice :)

Sometimes people don't read clearly, or maybe people can't write clearly. It doesn't matter whose fault it is, this is to help clear things up.

For the out-of-Singapore trip, this is primarily a TFCD photo shoot with all swimwear and some lingerie sponsored (given to the models). This could be considered payment in kind, and is more than a "standard" TFCD. Also, all accomodation and travel is paid for.

Only food and drink consumed by models is not covered.

There may be some models who see this as a valuable and rare opportunity to expand or kick start their careers. Or, there may be ordinary girls who just want better-than-average images of themselves (and maybe of their nude figures), and the fact that it's shot overseas could possibly set some of their minds at ease (because it's not in tight-ar*ed S'pore.)

Thanks TMC and jOhO for your positive comments. :thumbsup:

I offered no personal insults to anyone and do not wish to. Nor do I bear the original poster any animosity. If there is a mis-statement of fact (as opposed to opinion) in my first post I humbly apologise.

However, I simply stated an opinion that I do not believe that the offer as it exists is very favourable to the potential model and with the current state of the internet, merely doing the shoot outside of Singapore does nothing to guarantee that the pictures will never be viewed by Singaporeans in Singapore.

No one is obliged to agree with my opinion, but it is truly sad that simply expressing such an honestly held opinion makes me a "public enemy".

I have no desire to start an argument, so, having said my piece I will not post any further comments or replies to this thread.

verywierd and chiroptera-viv, at the very least, Jamapela knows what he wants, and is not afraid to go and try to get it. How many here on CS would want to pull this one off themselves? Your sly remarks, even bracketed by no offense disclaimers, shows at best you are jealous, and more likely suffering from penis envy.

Good luck J, hope you can pull it off.

That is the whole problem, pple always think that if it's a "humble opinion" it's alright to voice it anywhere they want, whenever they want.

I have my "humble opinions" about this too, but if i really need to air them, it will be directly to Jem thru PM.

We know it's opnion, and not personal. That doesn't make it "right".

Respect can get thrown out the window when the term "free speech" is used too freely.

And by the way, maybe my english sux, but to me, your first post holds a tinge of sarcasm and implies that the models are short-changed in this arrangement. Your post, to me, does not talk about where the photos would be viewed (as you mentioned in your second post), which again, is no where near the point of this thread. Not even close.

oh... my above post is directed at Verywierd, in case anyone's confused. can't edit thread.

Anyway, Jem, I think you're in touch with Jas, maybe she can help you with models and such. Good luck! :)

aye ... but i really meant it when i said no offence ... esp since it's one of those tongue-in-cheek comments ...

in fact , i'd like to try out and be one of Jem's models ...

but i need to find a photo of myself in a bikini first ... and ask if he's looking for those experienced type ...

In order not to start a flame war, I suggest those who are reading this thread to go to the website & follow the link under "unsuitable for your viewing" & pass your own judgement.

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

chiroptera-viv said:
aye ... but i really meant it when i said no offence ... esp since it's one of those tongue-in-cheek comments ...

in fact , i'd like to try out and be one of Jem's models ...

but i need to find a photo of myself in a bikini first ... and ask if he's looking for those experienced type ...

You are most welcome to try out. Contact my "partner-in-crime" ASAP.

On our side, we need to pick out good candidates ASAP, and collect from them their latest and most accurate vital stats so that I can go shopping in Aussieland ASAP before I arrive in S'pore. Late responses means I won't have enough time to shop, and may severely cripple my plans and ability to sponsor attractive stuff. It's really that simple.

waiaung said:
Just curious...
how many applications have you received?

S'pore has made some (but limited) progress in opening its mind. Modeling bikinis is not a big problem with quite a fair number of S'porean girls but lingerie shivers many of them. Nudity scares the living daylights out of almost the entire nation.

I don't have exact numbers because I'm not doing all the correspondence from all the way in Melbourne. I won't give exact figures anyway, but from what I've received, I will say numbers are few, and some are slow to reply our e-mails (which increases doubt).

I made it clear from the beginning, and I will repeat it again, that women who are pretending to be open-minded just to appear cool and trendy, should NOT apply.

I know very well what kind of characters/talents I'm looking for (and I hope my partner in S'pore knows that too). If we don't find such persons, I'll just happily divert my resources to the more confident, less pretentious, surely open-minded Aussies.

Have I relieved your curious itch? ;)

Jemapela said:
S'pore has made some (but limited) progress in opening its mind. Modeling bikinis is not a big problem with quite a fair number of S'porean girls but lingerie shivers many of them. Nudity scares the living daylights out of almost the entire nation.

I don't have exact numbers because I'm not doing all the correspondence from all the way in Melbourne. I won't give exact figures anyway, but from what I've received, I will say numbers are few, and some are slow to reply our e-mails (which increases doubt).

I made it clear from the beginning, and I will repeat it again, that women who are pretending to be open-minded just to appear cool and trendy, should NOT apply.

I know very well what kind of characters/talents I'm looking for (and I hope my partner in S'pore knows that too). If we don't find such persons, I'll just happily divert my resources to the more confident, less pretentious, surely open-minded Aussies.

You make it sound like singapore are behind times.

Jemapela said:
If we don't find such persons, I'll just happily divert my resources to the more confident, less pretentious, surely open-minded Aussies.

I think Johnny Howard will be happy to hear that.

Buy made-in-Australia, fly Qantas and use Aussie models. :thumbsup:

:bsmilie:

Jemapela said:

Not meant to flame. Just for discussion.

Since you KNOW that such models are few and far between, why do you still expend energy to source for such models here? Even if you find a few "more open-mindedness" models around, you still may not find those to your "specifications".

Assuming you may want to look for Asian models, it seems to me that you
should be able to find more Asian models over in Melbourne than in Singapore.

student said:
Assuming you may want to look for Asian models, it seems to me that you
should be able to find more Asian models over in Melbourne than in Singapore.

Maybe some of the "Asian models" in Australia are just as "behind times" as the Singaporean ones?

It may be reverse psychology that the more an Asian moves away from Asia the more Asian and conservative he/she becomes?

I've seen more photos of Singaporean girls in lesser clothings in CS than what I see in Australia (although this is not the reason why I am here :bsmilie:).

Sion said:
Maybe some of the "Asian models" in Australia are just as "behind times" as the Singaporean ones?

It may be reverse psychology that the more an Asian moves away from Asia the more Asian and conservative he/she becomes?

I've seen more photos of Singaporean girls in lesser clothings in CS than what I see in Australia (although this is not the reason why I am here :bsmilie:).

Lesser clothings does not equal no clothes. There is a BIG difference.

I think there ARE "open-minded" ones here, and they do try to break boundaries. But there is another constraint here. And that is societal pressure. While they might want to "break-out" of "societal values", they may find it just too much. These ladies may behave very differently when they are in another environment which is more accomodating.

Another clear example is CS versus photo.net. Many images that were shown in photo.net are just not acceptable in CS. So photographers post these images in photo.net rather than in CS. The photographer is the same. But the forum is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.