Mouse injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Jan 8, 2004
Hi Guys

Not too sure if is the correct post, but would like someone to give me opinion on the issue.

Having this problem since a year ago, have see many doctor or chinese physican, eat alot of gocosume still the pain will not go away. Now my shoulder can't lift up straight pointing the sky. Quite difficult if take bus or MRT.

Currently, my shoulder joint is aching due to long hours using the mouse. Is this normal for most of us with office jobs? I'm currently getting a Tablet just to change the way my right hand is moving. Will this helps in a way?

Thanks
Daniel

Sounds like RSI. You might want to check out the ergonomics of your desk and such.

Not too sure if this is the right place for such a post. The 'Kopi Tiam' might be a better choice.

tablet wun help much. this is due to the strain from angling ur wrist and shoulders for long periods of times.

try to exercise more, work with weights to strenghten ur muscles, else just got for swims.
if pain persists, acupunture may work. else have to go for surgery to correct the problem.

Yep... RSI. CTS. Whatever you want to call it. Heh.

Does your chair have arm-rests? I'm not sure about your desk's design. But my previous office has keyboards and mouse at a very comfortable height relative to the arm-rest. Basically it's as comfortable as sitting in an easy chair. :)

Your boss might not be too happy, but you could take more frequent breaks. Heh.

Basically your elbow should be the height of your table and your eye level should be about the top part of your computer.

Get a good adjustable chair so that you can adjust it to suit. I find little thing like the height of back support could cause back pain.

I used to have tendontitis on my right elbow until I started to use a Wacom tablet.

Another thing I locate my computer table near the fridge so there are plenty of food and drink within arm's reach. :)

Basically your elbow should be the height of your table and your eye level should be about the top part of your computer.

Get a good adjustable chair so that you can adjust it to suit. I find little thing like the height of back support could cause back pain.

I used to have tendontitis on my right elbow until I started to use a Wacom tablet.

Another thing I locate my computer table near the fridge so there are plenty of food and drink within arm's reach. :)

Hello,

As I had noted in another post that you take your computer comfort seriously. What is the benefit given with a wacom tablet you mention.

Thank you for any reply.

Hello,

As I had noted in another post that you take your computer comfort seriously. What is the benefit given with a wacom tablet you mention.

Thank you for any reply.

Firstly using a pen is a more precise way of doing selections, paths and cloning etc. etc.

Some people grip the mouse too hard and move only the wrist instead of the whole arm. They are likely to end up having wrist pain or tendontitis on elbow.

Thirdly knowing how to use Wacom is becoming mandatory as a digital retoucher these days. Two interviews I went to only had Wacom tables attached to the Mac. I've just got an email from a publisher in Sydney looking for a casual digital retoucher. One of the requirements is the ability to use Wacom Tablet.

Wacom tablets are getting cheaper these days. The basic 4X5 size only costs around A$100.

Suggest you to do some physiotherapy. Otherwise, take a long break from work. Dun lose your arm over work. Not worth it.

Hi Sion

Sorry, can I ask how how it takes to recover once you have changed to using tablet. Btw, did you eat any medicine currently or your during your injury?

Once my tablet arrived, will change immediately. Will see how is the improvement.

Firstly using a pen is a more precise way of doing selections, paths and cloning etc. etc.

Some people grip the mouse too hard and move only the wrist instead of the whole arm. They are likely to end up having wrist pain or tendontitis on elbow.

Thirdly knowing how to use Wacom is becoming mandatory as a digital retoucher these days. Two interviews I went to only had Wacom tables attached to the Mac. I've just got an email from a publisher in Sydney looking for a casual digital retoucher. One of the requirements is the ability to use Wacom Tablet.

Wacom tablets are getting cheaper these days. The basic 4X5 size only costs around A$100.

Hi Sion

Sorry, can I ask how how it takes to recover once you have changed to using tablet. Btw, did you eat any medicine currently or your during your injury?

Once my tablet arrived, will change immediately. Will see how is the improvement.

At the beginning I was given a few types of anti-inflamatory tablets e.g. Celebrex, Mobic, Voltaren etc. which were not a solution as I had to keep taking them.

For immerdiate relief a doc gave me Kenacort injection on the elbow. But the pain came back a few months later.

Then I went for accupunture which was slow to see the effect.

After I changed to Wacom pen tablet the stiffness and soreness at my right elbow was gone in a few days.

However also look into other factors as some have mentioned here e.g. chair to table height etc.

Thanks, I think the problem is quite smiliar, hopefully changing into tablet will helps. Infact, I have change my mouse hand which is right hand to left hand. Now using a left hand for the mouse.

At the beginning I was given a few types of anti-inflamatory tablets e.g. Celebrex, Mobic, Voltaren etc. which were not a solution as I had to keep taking them.

For immerdiate relief a doc gave me Kenacort injection on the elbow. But the pain came back a few months later.

Then I went for accupunture which was slow to see the effect.

After I changed to Wacom pen tablet the stiffness and soreness at my right elbow was gone in a few days.

However also look into other factors as some have mentioned here e.g. chair to table height etc.

from your description, you are having frozen shoulder where the capsule around the ball-joint is hardened. You need physiotherapy for a course and will be back to normal. Treatment may involve shortwidth heat to loosen it out slowly.

Hi Guys

Not too sure if is the correct post, but would like someone to give me opinion on the issue.

Having this problem since a year ago, have see many doctor or chinese physican, eat alot of gocosume still the pain will not go away. Now my shoulder can't lift up straight pointing the sky. Quite difficult if take bus or MRT.

Currently, my shoulder joint is aching due to long hours using the mouse. Is this normal for most of us with office jobs? I'm currently getting a Tablet just to change the way my right hand is moving. Will this helps in a way?

Thanks
Daniel

Thanks, I think the problem is quite smiliar, hopefully changing into tablet will helps. Infact, I have change my mouse hand which is right hand to left hand. Now using a left hand for the mouse.

Wah... what if your left hand gets injured too... Then you will be seriously crippled. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.