mounting prints in non-adhesive album

Status
Not open for further replies.

zekai

May 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
how do you mount your picture in those album without sleeve and adhesive....

dunno how to describe... those type we see at the city link shop.

do you use photocorners? cut a slit? paste wth double sided tape?

try photo corners or spraymount

sorry what is a spraymount?

ok i check it out. its from 3M... will it get messy?

any thing to take note when i use it?

mediawebserver.dyn

well, no smoking when using it! hahahahahah! also, be careful about ventilation, or you'l think your shots are getting better by the minute! heheheh!

its very neat but you have to mount it correctly the first attempt because its really adhesive. i think there are two strengths, one normal and one with a stronger bond.
hope this helps.

I usually do my spraymounting in an open space (corridor). Make sure your prints are nice and flat as the aerosol can also go under the print and make your print surface sticky too.

The best solution that I have tried is Elmer's Rubber Cement. It's like glue, only it does not leave any mess as it is rubber based and when dries you can just rub it off. Best of all, it does not harm your photos as you can just rub the rubber off. After it dries off, it's kinda acts like a post it pad. If you want a stronger bond - easy just apply the rubber cement to two the two sticking surfaces.

It comes in a handy bottle with a easy brush on applicator. No need to worry about accuracy of spraying and you can do it in the comfort of your room. Each bottle costs about $4 plus and you can get it at stationary shops or DIY shops.

BTW, that is what I used for sticking my photos on those Citilink photo albums.

wow thanks quite a load of useful tips.

the citiy link shop really have a bad brand awarenes.... i really dun know its name despite being inside so many times

totally agree with you on that, so anyone know where we can get cheaper album of the same variety.

The best solution that I have tried is Elmer's Rubber Cement. It's like glue, only it does not leave any mess as it is rubber based and when dries you can just rub it off. Best of all, it does not harm your photos as you can just rub the rubber off. After it dries off, it's kinda acts like a post it pad. If you want a stronger bond - easy just apply the rubber cement to two the two sticking surfaces.

Wow! Useful stuff, don't know about this!

Is the Elmer's Rubber cement of archival quality? Can it be safely used on Inkjet prints? I worry most on the solvents used on these things, even the 3M spray, as the inkjet inks are quite sensitive to degradation.

totally agree with you on that, so anyone know where we can get cheaper album of the same variety.

I had hunted high and low, and even thought of doing it myself. The acid-free paper, black and I think about 120gsm cost $0.4 a piece. So a 50 piece album needs about $20 of these paper already. Bras Brasah has this "Art Friend" that sell A4 and other sizes of sketch books, heavy black paper, nice ring binding with hard cover. But I don't know if they are good for photos as they didn't state it is acid free.

I have used it on Inkjet Prints before but have not noticed any degradation YET. But then again, you are only applying to the back of the print and should take care not to have it on the print side. The rubber cement should not penetrate the base. I have used it on a variety of paper materials from hard paper base to porous Japanese rice paper and finds that it works well.

As for cheaper albums, check out the photo album section at Borders. They carry acid free albums from France and while still pricy, it's slightly cheaper and I think much better value than those at Citi-Link. In addition, the pages are separated by a porous sheet so you don't get into those situations where you have glossy pictures sticking to each other on adjoining pages.

where to get this elmers rubber?

Status
Not open for further replies.