Northwest
Visit site
Here's a comparison of Mount Rainier in Summer and Winter:

Hope you like it!

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
roy, since I'll be in Seattle for 3 days, is it feasible to visit Mount Rainier without a car? Any other transport there? From your pics I've decided that it is indeed a worthwhile place to visit! Thanks.

roygoh

Jan 18, 2002
Northwest
Visit site
Originally posted by Tweek
roy, since I'll be in Seattle for 3 days, is it feasible to visit Mount Rainier without a car? Any other transport there? From your pics I've decided that it is indeed a worthwhile place to visit! Thanks.
Hi Tweek, I will post this information here, so that others will are planning to visit Seattle also can consider this.

I did a quick search on the WWW and found the following company providing day-trips to Mount Rainier.

http://www.mtrainiertours.com/

I called them to find out more, and I was told that the tours are running from now until August.

The fare per person is US$64.50 plus tax (8.6%).

The tour bus will pick you up from your hotel at around 7pm, and you will be back around 5.30pm.

The tour will either go to Paradise or Sunrise visitor centre. These 2 places are so far apart that you will not be able to cover both of them in 1 day. Paradise is open all year round, and Sunrise is open only during summer months. My guess is you will most likely visit Paradise. The 2 pictures that I have posted in this thread are taken at Paradise.

The person I spoke to recommend that you make a reservation with them at least 2 days before the intended tour date.

Take a look at their site, and you can email them if you have any questions or would like to make reservations.

Hope this helps.

By the way they also have Seattle city tours. The agenda looks quite good to me. You might want to consider that also.

Roy

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
thanks for the info roy!

Ok it shall be in my plans if I can't find other things to fill up those 3 days in Seattle. The one-day tour to Rainier is a little steep yah? I mean price wise.

thanks for even helping me call up those guys. You are really helpful. :)

Tweek

Jan 17, 2002
East
www.weekai.com
oh btw the pickup is 7am not pm :D At first when I read your post I thought I have to stay overnight at Rainier.

roygoh

Jan 18, 2002
Northwest
Visit site
Originally posted by Tweek
oh btw the pickup is 7am not pm :D At first when I read your post I thought I have to stay overnight at Rainier.
Oh my, what a serious typo! Yes the pick up time is indeed 7am.:p

You should be able to fill up the 3 days without Mt Rainier. At least you will have a good chance of seeing Mt Rainier from Seattle.;)

I would recommend Snolquamie Falls. If you like shopping, there is a factory outlet nearby also.

Status
Not open for further replies.