Mount-on / Attached-on wide angle lens

EstherQX

Apr 6, 2009
Hi all....

i kind of heard of such a thing.....mount on / attached on wide angle lens for Nikon D90.
May I know the exact name for such thing?

Any comments on getting such a thing for wide angle?

thank you.

Hi all....

i kind of heard of such a thing.....mount on / attached on wide angle lens for Nikon D90.

thank you.

A wide angle converter? Degrades the IQ and low quality piece of glass plus there's a high chance that you will get chopped buying it.

Hi all....

thank you.

i'd rather u save up n get a real ultra wide angle lens rather than wasting ur money on some wide-angle converter.

so, it's call a wide angle converter.......

the reason why I am exploring this thing is because it's easier to attach on and taken off if I am on holiday.

and real wide angle lens cost $2k? a converter is about $50-$70?

will the quality really become very bad?

A wide angle converter? Degrades the IQ and low quality piece of glass plus there's a high chance that you will get chopped buying it.

i'd rather u save up n get a real ultra wide angle lens rather than wasting ur money on some wide-angle converter.

the reason why I am exploring this thing is because it's easier to attach on and taken off if I am on holiday.

you can get good wide angle lenses for about $700.

you'll lose a lot of sharpness and also have issues of distortion with those converters.

Depending on which one you get, 3rd party grey set ones can cost only around $600. Wide angle converter are pretty bad, even if you get the best one the image quality is no where near a real wide angle lens

thanks for the comments and feedbacks so far......

another issue is....i lazy to change when i am travelling.

more comments welcome!

TS, I agree with the comments as posted by other CSers. Please read this link: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/477934-Using-Wide-Angle-Tele-Converter-on-your-camera for info about the wide angle converter.

btw, the UWA is not 2k (for crop body at least), for 3rd party ones, you can get brand new sets at ~$800 or 2nd hand ones at $500-$700. If the wide angle converter is so good, why would others make UWA lens?

more comments welcome!

Can't help you here....lazy to change = bring a 18-2xx lens or a P&S.

Last edited:

more comments welcome!

In photography, be it serious or for leisure or hobby, guess one just cant be lazy.. Unless you want your pics to turn out somewhat 'lazy'..
My opinion though

more comments welcome!
DSLR can change lens bt you are lazy to change.. *faint*..

more comments welcome!
you should stay far far away from such wide angle converters.......

don't be too lazy, if become a habit, you will too lazy to bring out the camera, or shoot already too lazy to download, just reformat the card again....

If you are lazy to switch between lenses than you shouldn't be using a DSLR.
Just use a P&S camera, most of them can cover both wide and tele so you don't have to change lenses.

I heard there are ppl who still have their very first image in memory card since they bought their camera for like 2 or 3 months ago...

Just right on top, as a sticky thread: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/477934-Using-Wide-Angle-Tele-Converter-on-your-camera
Read and see whether you want to add such thingy to your lens with the obviously horrible effects on your image. Dedicated wide angle lenses exists for a reason and you can get them much cheaper than $2k. Beside this, this converters are used by certain sales men to rip off unknowing people. I have seen offers of $200-$300 and there was even a joker here trying to sell such an adapter for roughly $1k. (Guess he got horrible ripped off and tried to push the damage to somebody else.)
If you die die want to have one just browse Buy & Sell, there are plenty of offerings. Don't pay more than $60.

more comments welcome!

come on, dont be lazy!

if your really lazy to change lens.. a 18-200mm would suits u more =)...