Mount Bromo and Lake Ijen

kenni

Apr 27, 2007
Hi all,

I'm intending to make a trip to mount bromo and lake ijen in april, but i have problems looking for a reliable operator for this 2 places. Does anyone have any contacts that you're willing to share? Also how much is the land cost normally, as i have been getting some crazy prices?

Thanks so much!

May i know how much u paid for the package? Thanks!

I did not book through package. I book my accomodation directly throught the hotel website. Got a driver from my hostel on my 1st day and book him for 4days. He charge 500,000 per day per car to go anywhere. He also helped me get cheaper rate for Jeep to bromo viewpoint compare to the hotel there. The rest of the fees, I just buy them myself there. Abit of hassle but I still save some money here and there. Pm me for details if interested.

For travel photography, I'll highly recommend - Pak Dodi.

Check out his web site. Also learn a lot from him especially landscape. He also knows all the nice spots. Was with him last year in Bromo. Enjoyed it and had lots of nice photos as well

Try the link below
Kemilau Indonesia

I used bromoijentours for 3D2N package, ending in Bali.
It was about 350SGD per pax for 2 pax, back in 2010, excluding tips.

Last edited:
Was at Bromo last month, public transport all the way. Train (2hr) Surabaya to Probolinggo 50k IDR pax, Van (1hr) Probolinggo to Ceromo Lawang (25k IDR) pax, accommodation 150k IDR per room, jeep for sunrise 100k IDR pax or 400k-450k IDR per jeep (can take 5 quite comfortably or squeeze 6, but I think still expensive).

Met 2 Malaysians who share the same van with us. At Probolinggo, they paid 650k IDR pax (bargain down from 950k -> 750k -> 650k IDR) for package from Probolinggo->Bromo->Ijen->Surabaya. Price include transport (Probolinggo to Cemoro Lawang) + accommodation (Cemoro Lawang) + Sunrise jeep tour + transport (Cemoro Lawang to Probolinggo) + transport (Probolinggo to Ijen) + accommodation (Ijen) + transport (Ijen to either Surabaya/Gilimanuk).

Met another European couple who paid 900k IDR 3D2N same trip but in-out of Yogyakarta.

If you came out of Probolinggo train station there will be many touts who will not sell you tour package but offer 3k IDR Bemo ride to bus terminal. The Bemo will drop you outside some cheapskate looking tour agencies (instead of terminal) where people usually booked their tours from.

If not in Jul-Aug, Dec (months where Australian/Europeans arrived) and not weekend, there is no need to book rooms online. You get much better rates and can view/choose rooms/guesthouses onsite. We got a room listed as 180k IDR on brochure/online, was offered 150k IDR but bargain down to 120k IDR each room for 2 rooms.

I see some good recommendations from this thread:thumbsup:
Will be going there end May in groups but might be organising a trip in Sept among my colleagues..keep those recommendations coming..:thumbsup:

We 7 people go this two place SGD 250 for 30Apr'13-05May 6D5N without air ticket by local guide. This Sep going to Mt.Bromo again :)
Cp Koh

any CSers have been up to Mt Bromo recently??
any recent advice on the trip?

we are also planning to go this Feb 2014, is it good to go on this month - weather? i heard Feb there is always raining. Any idea? thanks!

Hi, I just did a solo backpacking trip to mount bromo and the villages surrounding it. I welcome any questions:)

Attachments

• $ForumRunner_20140226_195534.jpg
    $ForumRunner_20140226_195534.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 4
  • $ForumRunner_20140226_195722.jpg
    $ForumRunner_20140226_195722.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 11
Hi,
How many people will go with you?
I have channel there that can assist you on your trip. can contact me at 83880827 or drop an email to martinlukas13@yahoo.com.

Regards,
Martin Lukas