Mouldy Air Con pipes = Fungus = Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oswin

Sep 4, 2006
The air conditioning pipes in my flat has some sort of mould/dirt on the outside.

Does anyone know if this is bad for camera equipment? I do store my gear in a Dry Cabinet but I'm kinda paranoid about the mould on the pipes.

And since I'm renting the room, I can't put the dry cabi in the living room either. :sweat:

The air conditioning pipes in my flat has some sort of mould/dirt on the outside.

Does anyone know if this is bad for camera equipment? I do store my gear in a Dry Cabinet but I'm kinda paranoid about the mould on the pipes.

And since I'm renting the room, I can't put the dry cabi in the living room either. :sweat:

I think the mould which grows on water pipes and those which grow on glass are different species. :dunno:

would be bad for your health.

Not sure what your idea of mouldy or dirt or stain might be but sometime it is a sign that there is a leak in the tubes that contain the gas agent that cools the air. This leak causes moisture and leaking of oil...that is not good for the aircon unit and compressor, that means also you have abit of a moisture problem in your room but not enough to efect so much as air con tend to draw moisture away that is why people working in airocn most of the time have dry skin and in a way mouldy fungus is not good for you. Your dry cabinet should be good enough to keep your camera in as good an order as it could get. You will eventually get fungus in your cameras and lens...regardless of how good a dry cabinet you own.

Thanks for all the replies.

The mould/dirt is appearing on the external surface of the pipes. There was alot of condensation/precipitation on the pipes when the room was not in use. I think this is the reason the mould/dirt appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.