Motorola RAZR V3 - anyone used it before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
very beautiful phone. But dunno have features such as explansion slots for memory card, no radio, no 1.3Mega pixel camera.

my collegue have it.... it is totally cool. design and thinness wise, it really matches Apple's current powerbook series perfectly.

Great phone. Surprisingly user friendly. Motorola finally got their act together.

Only complaint is that M1 users have been occasionally having problems with SMS service with this phone, but have been advised to get the latest firmware upgrade to solve the problem.

yeap using this phone for 2 weeks.. i'm ok with it.. not too hard a transition for me, been usin nokia for YEARSSSSSSSSSS....

i think it's the same with photography actually.. make the best of ur equipment and work around it's limitations! ;p ;p

anyway the reason why i got this phone is becos of it's 1000 phone book entries, bluetooth, and wanted something NOT nokia for a change, and a clam shell, also for a change. looks no need to say.. it's a good-looker and that's it's selling point. :)

swimcraze said:
anyone knows if it is easy to sms (like nokia) with this phone?
not too bad.. the space is the * key which is next to zero (for nokia)

i guess if u are a nokia user the thing to really get used to is changing the word if u use t9 input. u have to scroll right with the directional keypad on top instead of the * key as per nokia.

also if u are a fast typer, sometimes the words dun come out fast enuff as u type. but once u get used to it, u just keep typing and it'll just keep appearing, altho slightly lagged. but at least u dun have to wait for each word to be displayed b4 they allow u to input another.

Am using MOT V620, same UI and think the same i250s1 chipset as the v3.

MOT is pretty nice, works well with my Mac too... ^^

The Motorola A668 is also not bad, and quite cheap too.

oeyvind said:
Am using MOT V620, same UI and think the same i250s1 chipset as the v3.

MOT is pretty nice, works well with my Mac too... ^^

Does the V600 share the same UI and chipset?

LazerLordz said:
Does the V600 share the same UI and chipset?

:bsmilie:

If you saw my previous post about the A925 .. i own the V600 as well ... the specs are almost the same except for the screen 262k vs 65k. I'm gettin gthe V3 next month. I'm just hoping that battery life is not poor as reviewed.

dEthANGeL said:
:bsmilie:

If you saw my previous post about the A925 .. i own the V600 as well ... the specs are almost the same except for the screen 262k vs 65k. I'm gettin gthe V3 next month. I'm just hoping that battery life is not poor as reviewed.
i dunno wat the review says, but this is where the nokia really outshines the moto, battery life.

esp when i use BT, and play games, batt drains fast. :bsmilie:

jOhO said:
i dunno wat the review says, but this is where the nokia really outshines the moto, battery life.

esp when i use BT, and play games, batt drains fast. :bsmilie:

I have to agree.. not sure its my charging habit or what... my battery died within a year ... just sent it in for software upgrade then they replaced the battery for me for free... :think: ... also under heavy usage, battery life lasts only 2 days.

dEthANGeL said:
I have to agree.. not sure its my charging habit or what... my battery died within a year ... just sent it in for software upgrade then they replaced the battery for me for free... :think: ... also under heavy usage, battery life lasts only 2 days.
wah died after a year ar.. mine only 2 weeks so i guess i won't know hehe..

but it's good of them to replace the batt FOC during s/w upgrade tho!

btw.. u using v3.. for a year already...?? another model?

jOhO said:
wah died after a year ar.. mine only 2 weeks so i guess i won't know hehe..

but it's good of them to replace the batt FOC during s/w upgrade tho!

btw.. u using v3.. for a year already...?? another model?

YEah ... last day of my warranty, sent it in for a final software upgrade and asked them to check on the battery. I'm using a v600 .. getting my v3 next month... already ordered. Going to last me till the v1150 arrives :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.