Motorcyle - a dangerous vechicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokrot

Jun 2, 2003
Hi all,

It is very sad and disheartening to read that nowsdays many teengers died in the road accidents and they are just early 19 or 20+. Just read sometimes back a young lady sms her family that she's on her way home and she loved her family. But she never reached home because she died along with her boyfriend in motorcycle accident:( . What made me even sadder was I saw other accident during my night shift. Heard a loud bang and saw one motorist was lying in the middle of the road, agony in pain.. :cry: His bike was totally smashed.

Riding a motorbike is definitely dangerous. No matter how safe a rider you are, you'll always be at the mercy of other drivers. One small bump and you will be send flying away. The only thing that you can do is to practise safe riding and minimise injury by wearing proper protection.

Thats why I only have a car driving license.

Motorcycle is NOT a dangerous vehicle....:think:
The danger comes from the driving style and technique. There are thousands of riders on the road each day and the ratio of motorcyle accident is actually quite small, though it would be ideal if there were no accident at all.
Motorcyclists must learn to respect other road users and also obey all the rules of the highway. Most drivers will have bad experience with riders who ride very fast, overtaking like racers, stay on the outer lanes, etc ....

Motorcycle and Car have the same level of being dangerous, the only difference is the level of protection each offer.

Anyway, good driver can die cos of bad driver, same goes to motorcyclist... and vice versa...

my mom only allow me to have 1 license... so too bad...

motorcycle is not dangerous, and there are many cases of pro motorcyclists that died in accidents, u may be wondering y is it that they are so pro in driving they still can accident? well, its because of all the other noob drivers around the motorcyclist on the road. Those idiots buey zai, anyhow drive and buang the pro motorcyclist, thats y he died.

moral of story: even if u dam zai, others are noob, u still die becos of them. ;(

and yes, the degree of protection offered definitely differs, car provide more protection than the motorcyle..

sad. young lives snubbed out like that.

tokrot said:
Hi all,

It is very sad and disheartening to read that nowsdays many teengers died in the road accidents and they are just early 19 or 20+. Just read sometimes back a young lady sms her family that she's on her way home and she loved her family. But she never reached home because she died along with her boyfriend in motorcycle accident:( . What made me even sadder was I saw other accident during my night shift. Heard a loud bang and saw one motorist was lying in the middle of the road, agony in pain.. :cry: His bike was totally smashed.

motorcycle riding is very dangerous especially in Singapore.
Heavy traffic with impatient and reackless drivers.

ride it at your own risk.

Both cars and motorcycles can be either safe or dangerous, depending on how you make use of it..... and ya, cars have more protection.....but it will stil be totally useless if u speed and crash into a lorry or tree....

I have both a bike and car liscense so I can understand why bike riders say car drivers are the cause of accidents and vice versa..... having a safe trip on the road depend on both cars drivers and bike riders....if either one choose to drive dangerously (e.g. speeding etc), no matter how safe the other party try to drive or ride also no use liao....

so drive or ride carefully, cause worst that can happen is not you getting hurt in an accident, but the conscience of you killing somebody in the process, be it somebody you don't know at all, or worse, somebody you love~!

if that is the case then walking under hdb flats also very dangerous

many thing fall down from above.
maids/tv sets/flower pots/

in fact crossing the road also very dangerous
taking the lift
sitting at the roadside coffeeshop

better to stay at home

i used to ride my ducati... but gave it up as i have now other emotional and financial commitments.

i find that in general, the level of "safe" driving in singapore is pretty bad, both cars and motocycles - you see ppl "turning" lanes (as opposed to easing when switching lanes), never check blind spot... ppl on their hps... ppl picking their nose... sigh...

agree that motocycles has got less protection than cars, thus all the more important for motocyclist to practice defensive riding. i'm sure some would say, "no matter how defensive you are, if the stupid driver cut into your lane, also like that!!"... dude, i drive a car, i also scared of ppl cutting into my lane like that!!

ortega said:
if that is the case then walking under hdb flats also very dangerous

many thing fall down from above.
maids/tv sets/flower pots/

in fact crossing the road also very dangerous
taking the lift
sitting at the roadside coffeeshop

better to stay at home

I nt sure if u r talking abt me.... but I juz refering to the thread subject....but if u choose to be sarcastic den bo pian lor.....

most of our cars here are less than 3 years old, first class roads, regular road maintenance. the drivers/riders/cyclists are responsible for the sad state of road users' relations. bicycles lane is ruled out. motorcycle lane is also ruled out. so, we need to coexist peacefully on our roads.

scramblur11 said:
I nt sure if u r talking abt me.... but I juz refering to the thread subject....but if u choose to be sarcastic den bo pian lor.....
aiyah, i also refering to the subject lah
not refering to anyone in particular

just so happen that your post above mine.
if i want to refer to you i will quote your post.

ortega said:
aiyah, i also refering to the subject lah
not refering to anyone in particular

just so happen that your post above mine.
if i want to refer to you i will quote your post.

ha...sorry leh...thought u refering to me....I have been to some forums (nt clubsnap though) where ppl cant stop replying wif sarcasm~!... pai seh.....:)

I have both a bike and car license for 20 years, and own a bike and a car now.

basically it depends who is the one riding the bike, think safety, and know when shouldn't ride a bike, other wise, motorcycle is a more economical way of transports mode and more enjoyable when riding it.

catchlights said:
I have both a bike and car license for 20 years, and own a bike and a car now.

basically it depends who is the one riding the bike, think safety, and know when shouldn't ride a bike, other wise, motorcycle is a more economical way of transports mode and more enjoyable when riding it.

yupz I too muz admit tat driving a bike is more enjoyable....esp during night time when the traffic is light and no jams....and u can jus enjoy the wind blowing into you~! ;p ;p ;p

scramblur11 said:
ha...sorry leh...thought u refering to me....I have been to some forums (nt clubsnap though) where ppl cant stop replying wif sarcasm~!... pai seh.....:)
my sarcasm was intended but not at anyone in particular
it is just that sometimes the "what ifs" gets on my nerves

i agree that it is easier to get seriously injured if you are riding a motocycle
than if you are in a car.

but it is also easier to avoid an accident if you are riding a motocycle
it all depends on the person behind the equipment

Yup, agree that motorcycles are not dangerous, unless you ride like those stupid brainless feallas. Then also, it becomes real dangerous with the number of lousy drivers here on the road ... take a look around ... tons of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.