Motor Racing: Singapore extends grand prix contract to 2017

Non-fans will always wonder what so exciting about cars racing round in circles or men chasing after one ball in a field...... only true fans will understand.... LOL....

Anyway I like both F1 and football, and I am definitely excited to have F1 continuing in Singapore. Plus I love to shop at Suntec and Marina during the F1 weekend. What other days can you shop at there without the crowds, your choice picking of any parking lots, no queues at restaurants etc, on a Saturday evening.....? :)

If you are a F1 fan, you would know that F1 race is more than just a race. It's about strategy, tactics and teamwork. Anyway, it's just once every year that the roads are closed...so why complain? Not like that are no other transport. C'mon, grow up and don't be a child. You are better than that!

It is an event that Singapore uses to bring in the high spending tourists.
To keep on the tourist circuit. As to whether we break even or make profit, no one knows.
We need it to help the tourism industry.

There is a cascading effect on other sectors, like hotels, retail, F&B, etc...

The traffic inconvenience is minimal. We do not often go to that area of Singapore anyway.

Not every country can organise and execute the F1 race.

Think about it.

Security is just one aspect. Ultra rich F1 fans must feel safe to come to the country.

For example, if Iraq or Afghanistan hosted the F1 race, would you want to go?