motion effect

D2Hpeter

Dec 20, 2003
Visit site
Like the way this photo, (from Time [May 2012]) was taken.
The dead man was put in focus by slowing the shutter speed to differentiate him from the commotion around him

DSC_0002.JPG

ur pic should probably b in the Gallery

but it's strong and carries a lot of impact

ur pic should probably b in the Gallery

but it's strong and carries a lot of impact

No, it cannot go to the gallery, because he is not the photographer.

i hope u got the permission from the original photographer before posting his photo on a public forum.

i hope u got the permission from the original photographer before posting his photo on a public forum.

oh. didnt know that. I thot i hv given credit by stating that the source of the photo is Time.

I actually snap it from the published May 2012 issue of Time magazine while i was reading it, with the objective of sharing the technique. Could not find the identity of the photographer of this pic so i quote the source as Time.

Any advice from bros how to proceed with this type of sharing the correct way, if what i did was inadequate?

bro ijnek, would like to clarify that this is not my photo, as stated in my first post. Purpose is to share the technique. Agree with you that this photo is very well taken in that it carries a lot of visual impact

oh. didnt know that. I thot i hv given credit by stating that the source of the photo is Time.

I actually snap it from the published May 2012 issue of Time magazine while i was reading it, with the objective of sharing the technique. Could not find the identity of the photographer of this pic so i quote the source as Time.

Any advice from bros how to proceed with this type of sharing the correct way, if what i did was inadequate?

bro ijnek, would like to clarify that this is not my photo, as stated in my first post. Purpose is to share the technique. Agree with you that this photo is very well taken in that it carries a lot of visual impact
if it is News (editorial) images, you are not suppose to do any post processing, editing, or touch up. it is suppose to be "at it is" the way photographers see it.

Thanks for sharing, but I think many photographers here are aware of the technique...

if it is News (editorial) images, you are not suppose to do any post processing, editing, or touch up. it is suppose to be "at it is" the way photographers see it.

Yes, even for the covers of Time magazine, no PP nor adjustments are even allowed.

catchlights said:

This is where the pros are separated from the wannabes.

The wannabes will buy the best cam setup and walk around, showing off their setup, but can't even take a decent shot and like to do slot of PP

slow shutter and zoom while shutter open?

or maybe using a lens baby?

Just slow shutter with a bit of zoom (might even have been accidental). 0.12s is enough.

Just slow shutter with a bit of zoom (might even have been accidental). 0.12s is enough.

DOn't think there was zoom.. just a slightly slower shutter speed... all the motion blur are from people movement..

DOn't think there was zoom.. just a slightly slower shutter speed... all the motion blur are from people movement..

Possible, but there is definite radial blur at the edges that is more than just motion blur as it's directed at the center of the image.

Cause I'll dunno how is does works on accidentally pressing AF button and zoom.

No, that's just basic motion blur. He was not zooming the lens.

Ha ha no experience on this :(

Then please don't anyhow post other pics if you can't help the TS understand how it was done. You're just adding confusion.

Lensbaby? In a warzone? Really? Think this through for a minute.

yeah, you can use lensbaby to shoot a wedding, for fun or for money.

but if you shoot news worthy images with lensbaby, I think the editor will throw you out of his office.