Mother Of Pearl Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

AqUaRiU5

Feb 9, 2002
Square Box
organico.frozened.com
here's a macro of my mom's mother of pearl watch frm tag heuer....cost bout $1000 plus...if i can remember correctly ;)

Dscn0210%20(watches).jpg

pls do gif ur comments pls (good and bad ones) :) ....i'm kinda new to digital photography....tanks alot

erm...i wanted it to focus at the side of the watch like make it look very far apart (as though the watch is very big) but couldnt...oh well....anything else to add? :eek:

Hi AqUaRiU5,

Try using narrower aperture to increase the DOF. Normally when you take still objects you want the subject to be clear entirely while the surrounding blur.

erm....wat do u mean btw....reducing the AV? cause i'm using the NIKON COOLPIX 885....sorrie not those SLR :cry:....btw i'm kinda new to digital photography...so not really sure of those terms

Hi AqUaRiU5,

Hmm... from the spec on dpreview it looks like the coolpix 885 has no aperture priority mode but has manual mode. If it does have manual mode, set the camera's aperture to highest value and set the shutter speed according to the exposure meter's reading. Otherwise then bo pian liao...

icic....but by setting the AV value....wat actually happens....i know tt the longer the shutter speed....the more exposure u get....izzit true....kinda confused now:confused:

Originally posted by AqUaRiU5
icic....but by setting the AV value....wat actually happens....i know tt the longer the shutter speed....the more exposure u get....izzit true....kinda confused now:confused:

ah yo :) you are using a digital camera and you can test the effect mah ... ;) try to take some shots with different settings and see the different effect .... nobody know your camera well except you ..

okok....alot of trial and error sia....sumtimes beri diff to set it....den sumtimes the pictures turn out like s**t :bsmilie: btw u using wat digital camera and how much? maybe can get discount frm my dad ;)

I am using Canon Pro 90 IS ;) cost abt 1.6k++ but I think the camera is a bit old liao and not worth to get it now

to take a good object portrait shot like ur watch , try these :
- use tripod
- use remote control or timer mode <-- optional
(this is to prevent unnecessary shakeness)
- setup external lighting

icic....using external lighting means using external flash ah? haiz.....so sad my COOLPIX 885 doesnt comes wif remote control sia aiyah....erm...wat ar the recommanded SLR digital cameras ah....?

icic....using external lighting means using external flash ah? haiz.....so sad my COOLPIX 885 doesnt comes wif remote control sia aiyah....erm...wat ar the recommanded SLR digital cameras ah....?

no .. not flashlite .. using flash onto silver watch will cast reflection for sure ...you can use table lamp (cheaper way)... :) or studio lighting equipment (more expensive) for external lighting source

no remote but can use timer mode ...

what SLR camera to recommend , I guess it should be on a new thread ... :)

erm...like any good SLR cameras lor....erm...wat do u intend to get if u haf an chance to change it
I already own a SLR camera .. it's Canon EOS 30 ...

How happen to ur pic ? seem like missing .....

icic...so u scan in ur photo lar....but wont it lower the quality of the photo?

hmm ... i own 2 cameras :
- Canon Pro 90 IS <-- Digital Camera
- Canon EOS 30 <-- Analog SLR Camera

for my Pro 90 IS , usually I will post the shot at the forum. You can see my recent Botanic Gardens shot here

as for EOS 30 , usually I will take slides and enjoy it using a loupe + lightbox . Nothing can beat the slides effect ...

Status
Not open for further replies.