mother and child

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
71004518.jpg

the colours are nice but other than that this is severely underexposed.
a dark photo can still show details when properly exposed and that is very achievable.

the colours are nice but other than that this is severely underexposed.
a dark photo can still show details when properly exposed and that is very achievable.

thx, noted. :)

IMHO.
its as due the pic paints a picture of suffering.
of helplessness, as they lay in wait for fire to engulf them both.

a bit underexposed though

thx for the comments !

this is the original pic....contrast was increased a lot in my first post that's why it looked very underexposed, somehow i thought it would look better if mother and child were both in deep shadow. :sweatsm:

71039734.jpg

prefer the subject to be more whitish(more balance in the wb). the display of redness or orangeness on the subject doesnt display the subject to be in the mood that you might be trying to depict(if i know what you want to depict..... me thinks :bsmilie: ).

Prefer your first pic. But because of your exposure (as in the original frame), the post-processing of the picture (with the emphasis of shadows to transcend reality) seems to be imposed. For instance, the reflection from the hood of the mother, is just too out of place. The details of the shadows are probably too visible for an image that is supposed to be engulfed in the shadow.

If the first picture was the vision that you have pre-visualised, then you ought to have limited the exposure in the first place, and push the frame for the details that are still savagable; instead of the other way round.

As for the colour, I really don't like it saturated. But that's just my preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.