mother and child : caleruega

Wurdelak

Apr 7, 2009
westcoast
www.flickr.com
Mother & Child

5035885375_755af57d0c_z.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
>i would like to seek critiques for the overall composition of this shot.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
>hoping to achieve a shot worthy of being made as a postcard.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
>this was taken around caleruega chapel during my trip to Philippines.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture.
>i personally think that the bright light behind the mother and child statue serves as a leading line towards my subject (which is the statue of course). choosing the statue as something to remind me of the caleruega chapel is more of like "different perspective", cos most shots i saw from that place has the said chapel on the background.

i like the tone/colour,
maybe a smaller crop would be better the bottom left grass/small tree can be left out totally.

clone the lamp post away too.

TS, is there a reason you keep the path (bottom of the picture) leading to the statue?
If not, perhaps cropping off the bottom may look better.

Looking at the picture gives me a lonely feeling, perhaps because of the field, a standalone statue and color tone.

Just curious, did you take any picture near the statue, just taking the statue?

Ooh.. Nice ir pic bro, but is it me or is the statue glowing? Also, do you have a channel swap version of this picture? I thought the composition is good but the lighted foliages behind the statue is slightly overblown, if its not, forgive me as i am viewing this on a non calibrated monitor. Where is this taken anyway?

i like the tone/colour,
maybe a smaller crop would be better the bottom left grass/small tree can be left out totally.

clone the lamp post away too.

was planning of cloning that lamp initially, but i don't think my PP skills are not so good enough as of now...:bsmilie:

TS, is there a reason you keep the path (bottom of the picture) leading to the statue?
If not, perhaps cropping off the bottom may look better.

Looking at the picture gives me a lonely feeling, perhaps because of the field, a standalone statue and color tone.

Just curious, did you take any picture near the statue, just taking the statue?

hi, no particular reason really for keeping the plant and the pathway at the bottom part of the pic, and now that you've pointed out, :think: yeah, i was thinkin of cropping this into a square instead of portrait.

i did took a shot of the statue alone, but i didn't work for me, i wanted to have some trees in the background to let the viewers know that this was taken in IR.;)

Ooh.. Nice ir pic bro, but is it me or is the statue glowing? Also, do you have a channel swap version of this picture? I thought the composition is good but the lighted foliages behind the statue is slightly overblown, if its not, forgive me as i am viewing this on a non calibrated monitor. Where is this taken anyway?

you are seeing it correctly bro, i did some dodging around the statue thus giving it a low glow effect... the channel swap version of this...:think: let me dig from my old file and i'll post it in the IR forum.

this was taken 2 years ago when i first started IR photography, was still using an ELP IR modified D70 back then:).

this shot was in caleruega Philippines.

hi, no particular reason really for keeping the plant and the pathway at the bottom part of the pic, and now that you've pointed out, :think: yeah, i was thinkin of cropping this into a square instead of portrait.

i did took a shot of the statue alone, but i didn't work for me, i wanted to have some trees in the background to let the viewers know that this was taken in IR.;)

Personally think it's quite nice to have the path leading to the statue. Helps to give the photo more depth :) Just my opinion only :)