Moth in Monochrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
My macro is still terrible, so I decided to try something a little less macro. This large moth flew into my place so I thought I'd try something with it. Does it work for you?

Moth1BW.jpg

And here's also a close-up of the moth in more traditional macro shot. Don't really care about the 2nd, but would like thoughts on the first.

Moth2.jpg

I think your background killed the focus on the moth. Too messy in terms of tonal range for the moth incomparison with the marble floor.

Chris Lim said:
I think your background killed the focus on the moth. Too messy in terms of tonal range for the moth incomparison with the marble floor.

Firstly, Thanks for bothering to comment, else everything is just guess work for me. You're talking about the markings on the back of the moth? There isn't really much here in terms of background.

actually i was refering to the marble flooring as your bg.

I'm inclined to agree with Chris - a bit unlucky that the moth wasn't on something to give a better contrast (something light coloured & plain?). Really nice idea to do it in monochrome though. I like the DoF as well.

Ah ok I get what you mean now. Thanks Robbo for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.