Most Selfish Marshals of F1 Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeSwitch

Oct 28, 2005
1.45N 103.83E
www.flickr.com
Can you imagine our disapointments when the Marshals lined up to block our views of the Drivers parade on the Vintage cars last night? I think the F1 organiser/s do owe us an apology.

They couls have line up on the right where the Johnny Walker banner is without obstructing anybody views if they want to get close to the drivers. :thumbsd:

3961490605_b13939644a_b.jpg

Can you imagine our disapointments when the Marshals lined up to block our views of the Drivers parade on the Vintage cars last night? I think the F1 organiser/s do owe us an apology.

They couls have line up on the right where the Johnny Walker banner is without obstructing anybody views if they want to get close to the drivers. :thumbsd:

3961490605_b13939644a_b.jpg

Well, we should be fair too. Would you as the sponsor allow people to block your banner??
The marshals might even have been instructed to line up on that section of the road.

To be fair?.... Ticket to F1 is not cheap hor? The sponsor's banner is high up, no humans are tall enough to block them anyway. Ant they already have a sweaper truck there. (on the right) We are paying ticket holders/customers.

Last edited:
To be fair?.... Ticket to F1 is not cheap hor? The sponsor's banner is high up, no humans are tall enough to block them anyway. Ant they already have a sweaper truck there. (on the right) We are paying ticket holders/customers.

Write in and complain. Send it in to the Straits Times... ask them for an explaination.

The marshals' arrangement seems like an instructed position. In any race, track operations usually take priority over spectators' view. It is for safety and operational reasons.

If you look carefully, the Marshalls were taking pics themselves, that's why they need to block all Clubsnappers......:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Clubsnappers should volunteer to become marshalls.......

Hong Sien

The marshals' arrangement seems like an instructed position. In any race, track operations usually take priority over spectators' view. It is for safety and operational reasons.

hoho, I doubt it's for such a noble cause. it's prob for economical reasons.

millions are paid for the johnie walker banner to be put up (not for spectators to be brainwashed btw, for the TV!).

F1 prices ex? you think they care? if you don't buy, there will be plenty of people who are more than willing to spend the money to watch, and get this kinda treatment as a result.

wow...

u r jus on my right side...

All clubsnappers should climb over the fences and bash the Marshalls with their cameras! :devil: :p

wow, those marshals taking photos of the drivers & not part of the marshals job
that case, they no longer be called marshals, scrap those marsh potatoes

true that In any race, track operations usually take priority over spectators' view. It is for safety and operational reasons.
but those marshals were just taking photos there man.. haha

Probably the organizers felt that your ticket price does not include this Vintage session :dunno: :bsmilie::lovegrin::bsmilie::lovegrin:

The marshals are mostly volunteers and are paid a meager allowance. They have commited many of their spare time towards this event. Not to mention the real danger of lossing your limbs or life while cleaning up debris in the middle of the track. Maybe this is the organizer way of "rewarding" them by allowing them more involvement of the non race actions.

Anyway, I believe that the excat location which they stand are determined by the race organizer and not up to themselves.

I am a Clubsnapper and a marshall.

We are not paid, not that we are complaining. I had a great time volunteering my time and I will do so again next year.

We are allowed trackside during the driver's parade as a privilege. We are also told to stand in a particular position and wave flags.

We are not allowed to take photos during the race as we have to appear professional and I would like to think that we did a fantastic job this year.

There are amazing photos taken by Clubsnappers here and it gives me an opportunity to look at what happened during the race. I could not see what was going on elsewhere because I was quite busy running around. So, just want to say thank to all the photograpers who posted their pics. Really good quality.

I will share some pics that I took during the driver's parade after I had time to PS.

The marshals were not paid a single cent. All they get is an appreciation "party" at the end of the race.

And yes, we were told to go on track (that's when it's absolutely safe) to take pictures. Wave at the drivers, etc. One of our few moments to let loose. The marshal points are normally at the corners, so there are plenty of other places for the spectators (and even media) to take pictures.

The marshals are mostly volunteers and are paid a meager allowance. They have commited many of their spare time towards this event. Not to mention the real danger of lossing your limbs or life while cleaning up debris in the middle of the track. Maybe this is the organizer way of "rewarding" them by allowing them more involvement of the non race actions.

Anyway, I believe that the excat location which they stand are determined by the race organizer and not up to themselves.

I'm very touched that they use human shield to protect us... Knn

this is a non issue
just your bad luck

there are other CSers who has good view and good pictures

Ya thats my and at least a hundred others on my sides and back having the same bad luck. :cry:

Probably the organizers felt that your ticket price does not include this Vintage session :dunno: :bsmilie::lovegrin:

Good one but I was holding 2 tickets on that day, a walk about and a Padang Grand stand tickets.

I am a Clubsnapper and a marshall.

We are not paid, not that we are complaining. I had a great time volunteering my time and I will do so again next year.

We are allowed trackside during the driver's parade as a privilege. We are also told to stand in a particular position and wave flags.

We are not allowed to take photos during the race as we have to appear professional and I would like to think that we did a fantastic job this year.

There are amazing photos taken by Clubsnappers here and it gives me an opportunity to look at what happened during the race. I could not see what was going on elsewhere because I was quite busy running around. So, just want to say thank to all the photograpers who posted their pics. Really good quality.

I will share some pics that I took during the driver's parade after I had time to PS.

There are a lot of good work done by the marshals and infact I took a lot of good photos of this bunch of Volunteers at turn#11 before this incident with an intention of thanking them by posting their photos but now I will just trash them....

Status
Not open for further replies.