Most recommended lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheryh79

Aug 27, 2008
Hi,
I am curious what is the most recommended lens for event and wedding photography?
do you recommend F2.8 lens for event and wedding photography?
pls help to advise.

The faster the better. For zoom lenses, the fastest is f2.8.
As for the range, it really depends on shooting style, but I'd recommend at least 28mm equivalent for group shots.

For crop cameras, one of the most versatile would be the EFS 17-55 f/2.8 is you are using the Canon system.

i have read some articles saying for candid shots it is better to have long range.. so you can take the person with the he know.. the effect is better.. but long range f2.8 si bei ex leh..

i have read some articles saying for candid shots it is better to have long range.. so you can take the person with the he know.. the effect is better.. but long range f2.8 si bei ex leh..

How long is long enough?
Keep in mind that the further you are from your subject, the higher chances of people blocking or crossing your line of sight. For example, in a HDB flat, the space is not very big and you might not be able to stand far enough to use a very long lens.

How long is long enough?
Keep in mind that the further you are from your subject, the higher chances of people blocking or crossing your line of sight. For example, in a HDB flat, the space is not very big and you might not be able to stand far enough to use a very long lens.

you have a point. btw i am using D60 and 18-200 nikkor.. am considering a f2.8.. that's why i ask..:cool:

i would go for ultra fast prime i.e. f/1.x lenses... think 30mm or less should do the job... since inside HBD flat all you need to do is walk a few steps rather than changing focal length... cheaper, more probably sharper...

thx for that suggestion

Hi,
I am curious what is the most recommended lens for event and wedding photography?
do you recommend F2.8 lens for event and wedding photography?
pls help to advise.
everyone has their own style. but rather then lens..i recommend getting the strongest flash you can afford first.

F2.8 or better is critical only if you practice not using flash or the lighting is adequate.

Supposedly yours is a nikon system, a SB900 + 18-200 VR and you will be set for day and night since the SB900 packs a lot of light per burst even for long range.

to save money, you can always walk closer to your subject.

or use flash,

or ask your subject to hold still,

or use tripod,

good idea.. wahahah.

Nikon 17-55mm or the Tamron 17-50mm! :thumbsup:
Definitely very nice to have, to cover wedding or events.

85mm 1.2 and 24-70mm are staples in addition to possible primes, along with a 70-200mm 2.8 on the secondary photographer for candid shots

Status
Not open for further replies.