Most Popular Sigma Telezoom Lens?

Which are the more popular Sigma Telezoom lens among?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RossChang said:
Been wandering which are the more popular sigma telezoom lens:

1. Sigma APO 100-300mm f4 EX IF HSM
2. Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 EX APO HSM
3. Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 EX APO IF HSM
4. Sigma 50-500mm f4-6.3 EX APO RF HSM

And how good is the Sigma APO 100-300mm f4 EX IF HSM?... I'm eyeing this lens particulary... ;)

Hi Ross checkout the review at the link stated below

http://www.photozone.de/bindex2.html

Definitely the bigma 50-500mm... but i would love to try out the 70-200mm/2.8 one of these days though :)

both 70-200 f2.8 and 50-500 are fantastic lenses.

The 120-300 f/2.8 seems to be getting lots of good feedback from users. In fact, may opted for this lens instead of the Canon 300 f/2.8. Of course, the Canon lens cost like twice that of the Sigma lens.

I checked with CP on the Sigma, and they do not have stock. Seems that it must be ordered from Sigma. I did manage to try the Canon 300 f/2.8. An awesome lens.... I was able to handhold it and take pictures with the IS on.

Dr_ARCHer said:
The 120-300 f/2.8 seems to be getting lots of good feedback from users. In fact, may opted for this lens instead of the Canon 300 f/2.8. Of course, the Canon lens cost like twice that of the Sigma lens.

I checked with CP on the Sigma, and they do not have stock. Seems that it must be ordered from Sigma. I did manage to try the Canon 300 f/2.8. An awesome lens.... I was able to handhold it and take pictures with the IS on.

The 120-300 is a great lens...I tested once before with stacked TCs...the image quality still pretty sharp....the only complaint if there is any..will be that its..DAMMED HEAVY.. !!!! you need a monopod or a tripod and trying carrying this lens the whole day...you dont have to go gym to train your arm power :sweat:

John said:
The 120-300 is a great lens...I tested once before with stacked TCs...the image quality still pretty sharp....the only complaint if there is any..will be that its..DAMMED HEAVY.. !!!! you need a monopod or a tripod and trying carrying this lens the whole day...you dont have to go gym to train your arm power :sweat:

Yeah. The 120-300 weighs (according to specs from Sigma website) 2.6 kg, and is kind of heavy to handhold for long. However, it isn't that much heavier than say the Canon 300 f/2.8 IS, which is about 2.55 kg (according to Canon). When I was testing out the Canon 300 f/2.8, I find the weight tolerable for handholding.

The 120-300/2.8 is a different beast lah, not for normal users IMHO, more for wildlife or sport photography? Anyway heard that this lense (water goods) can get from HongKong at about SGD$2500++, or SGD$2900 with warranty. Canon's 300/2.8 IS MRSP is $11500 in Singapore leh.... But BHPhoto sells it for about $7000++ :bigeyes:

Still looking at the Sigma APO 100-300mm f4 EX IF HSM... Canon doesn't have anything equivalent... just wandering if they will release this range with the same F stop + IS?... tat would be great... ;p

If you ask THE MOST POPULAR Sigma Telezoom lens, I'd say 70-300mm f3.5-5.6 :D I guess this is the most owned Sigma telezoom lens.

Cheers!

fengwei said:
If you ask THE MOST POPULAR Sigma Telezoom lens, I'd say 70-300mm f3.5-5.6 :D I guess this is the most owned Sigma telezoom lens.

Cheers!
Me bad... should be the MORE POPULAR AMONGST... :sweat: :sweat: :embrass:

theITguy said:
The 120-300/2.8 is a different beast lah, not for normal users IMHO, more for wildlife or sport photography? Anyway heard that this lense (water goods) can get from HongKong at about SGD$2500++, or SGD$2900 with warranty. Canon's 300/2.8 IS MRSP is $11500 in Singapore leh.... But BHPhoto sells it for about $7000++ :bigeyes:

CP said the 120-300/2.8 is about "three thousand plus". Like you said, it is a different beast, and is indeed used for both sports and widelife. Too bad it doesn't have IS (or OS, as Sigma would call it), else it will be perfect.

CP also said that the Canon 300/2.8 IS costs about $7,800. I went over to TCW and saw a 2nd hand one selling for about $4,000. Don't know if this is the older model (w/o IS).

If asked to choose among the four stated, my vote would be the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 EX APO IF HSM. No doubt one of the best value for money lenses out there and guaranteed to give the Canon or Nikon 70/80-200mm f2.8 non IS/VR a run for its money. Excellent image quality. :thumbsup:

Dr_ARCHer said:
CP said the 120-300/2.8 is about "three thousand plus". Like you said, it is a different beast, and is indeed used for both sports and widelife. Too bad it doesn't have IS (or OS, as Sigma would call it), else it will be perfect.

CP also said that the Canon 300/2.8 IS costs about $7,800. I went over to TCW and saw a 2nd hand one selling for about $4,000. Don't know if this is the older model (w/o IS).
The Canon 300/2.8 at TCW is a non-IS version. Still on sale at TCW for abt $3,900.

These lenses are big & brutally heavy but are perfectly suited for sports and other fast moving action in low light levels. Very sharp too and work very well with teleconverters.

theITguy said:

Hey..ITguy got lobang for water goods bo ? ;p

still waiting for pple to sell their sigma 120-300/2.8, no $$ to buy brand new. I dont mind replace my canon 70-200/2.8 for that.

anyway, I will advise u to get the "Longer Platform Tripod Collar, TS-41 with neck strap" so that u can sling the lens instead of your camera body.

Sigma 120-300 F/2.8?... too freaking heavy and expensive...

Still considering the Sigma 100-300 F/4 instead... anyone wanna sell?... ;p

Wai said:
still waiting for pple to sell their sigma 120-300/2.8, no $$ to buy brand new. I dont mind replace my canon 70-200/2.8 for that.

anyway, I will advise u to get the "Longer Platform Tripod Collar, TS-41 with neck strap" so that u can sling the lens instead of your camera body.

bo bian leh..hang cheng pai :sweat:

any sample pics for the sigma 70mm - 200mm? how much is it new? a pic speaks a thousand words. :bigeyes:

vinvin said:
any sample pics for the sigma 70mm - 200mm? how much is it new? a pic speaks a thousand words. :bigeyes:

5852small.jpg

here's one taken wide open at 2.8, 200mm in VCH

Status
Not open for further replies.