Most photographed Christmas Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCLow

Nov 14, 2004
Shot on 120 negative film and flatbed scanned. Comments are most welcomed. :thumbsd: :thumbsup:

Paragon-TreeSmall.jpg

as much as u'r gushing over the 120 neg & scanning possibilities, ask wat is the subject? way it is seen, the 'candle-tree thingy' has overtaken the 'most photographed x-mas tree' as the main subject. it is also distractively unsharp, a result of self or compression issues?

Gota agree, everyone is like taking pic of this tree! hehe Your perspective is interesting. I guess what you wana focus on isnt just the tree, but also the red docrations besides it, I didnt quite see the red decorations just besides it!

But myself i feel the paragon building behind it makes the picture looks messy and distracts the viewer from the tree itself. No doubt the tree is located in an area in which everything else around it is distracting! Its really quite hard to compose a full picture of the tree itself n the red deco, with so many ppl getting up close with the tree hehe

It's still a very nice pic no doubt hehe

Just to show my perspective a very lousy pic i took yester with my camera phone. Not trying to compare or anything hehe I'm too newbie! No composition just snap where i was standing hehe
sat-xmas-tree.jpg

I guess u guys could do way better than i could to take a better pic of this tree =)

Just my 2 cents worth =)

numanuma said:
Gota agree, everyone is like taking pic of this tree! hehe Your perspective is interesting. I guess what you wana focus on isnt just the tree, but also the red docrations besides it, I didnt quite see the red decorations just besides it!

But myself i feel the paragon building behind it makes the picture looks messy and distracts the viewer from the tree itself. No doubt the tree is located in an area in which everything else around it is distracting! Its really quite hard to compose a full picture of the tree itself n the red deco, with so many ppl getting up close with the tree hehe

It's still a very nice pic no doubt hehe

Just to show my perspective a very lousy pic i took yester with my camera phone. Not trying to compare or anything hehe I'm too newbie! No composition just snap where i was standing hehe
sat-xmas-tree.jpg

I guess u guys could do way better than i could to take a better pic of this tree =)

Just my 2 cents worth =)

you know, I did shoot a couple of shots right from the foot of the tree looking up. You can actually fill the frame with tree and sky only. However I find that lacking the Christmas spirit without people and traffic and stuff.

Wow, with pictures like this from a phone, soon we can discard P&S cameras.

Thanks for the feedback

foxtwo said:
as much as u'r gushing over the 120 neg & scanning possibilities, ask wat is the subject? way it is seen, the 'candle-tree thingy' has overtaken the 'most photographed x-mas tree' as the main subject. it is also distractively unsharp, a result of self or compression issues?

"Christmas is Here"
You are right about the sharpness. Seems like when i tried to downsize from 360MB to 100KB the sharpness gets affected. Maybe I should run unsharp mask after downsizing?
Thanks for the feedback. :)

I think there's no focus in the shots. There's no subject, IMO, because there's more than one in each. It isn't a general area shot either. I don't feel the mood when looking at the shots so to me the shots have already failed. Composition is rather atrocious. Besides, for Critique corner you should only be posting 1 shot. It's not a gallery for sharing but for honest critique. Post in the other photo galleries if you just want to share.

I actually prefer the camera phone shot to your 120 format shots. I never mince my words, so I apologise if it sounds harsh, but that's what I really think.

Stoned said:
I think there's no focus in the shots. There's no subject, IMO, because there's more than one in each. It isn't a general area shot either. I don't feel the mood when looking at the shots so to me the shots have already failed. Composition is rather atrocious. Besides, for Critique corner you should only be posting 1 shot. It's not a gallery for sharing but for honest critique. Post in the other photo galleries if you just want to share.

I actually prefer the camera phone shot to your 120 format shots. I never mince my words, so I apologise if it sounds harsh, but that's what I really think.

Opps. Sorry about that. Actually pictures 2 & 3 are just random crops from shot 1. I actually did that because I posted in another section because I wanted advice on the scanning. i guess should not have included them.

Status
Not open for further replies.