Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotSpots

May 19, 2004
Tanjong Pagar
photobucket.com
My vote goes to TAXIS...

I don't mean to stereotype all taxi drivers...but I swear they all learn driving from the same school and goes by the same rules:

1) Stop abruptly when you see a customer waving for a taxi along the road, regardless if there are any cars behind;

2) When filtering, do not signal. At most 1 flick of the signal when absolutely necessary, but make sure your vehicle is already halfway into the other lane when you do so.

3) When you see another vehicle signalling coming into your lane, speed up and close up the gap. Make sure you do NOT let the bugger come in front of you.

4) Flash your high beam when there's another vehicle in front of you (regardless of how fast he's going).

Hrm... if you have being driving in Malaysia, esp KL jams, you'll find that most local drivers drives like pussies, including those taxi drivers you mentioned.

Nothing to hate tho. :p

"Fear is the path to the dark side... fear leads to anger... anger leads to hate.. hate leads to suffering. "

However, if I really have to make a vote, I'll say my most hated drivers are those P Plate drivers who drive like rally racers.

;(

Taxis are not so bad

The worst are Mercedes who can drive on the right most lane at 70 to 80km/h; position their cars beyond the stop line at the corner of a minor road when they want to turn into a major road; dont signal when they want to switch lanes.

I dont mean to say every Mercd drivers do that but really so far I the Mercd I encounter are like these.

BMW drivers are not so bad but........

Another worse kind are those who switch lanes quite abruptly to be in front of your car, then you have to step on your brake........

All other drivers... except me... ;p

i got my fair share of unhappy experiences ranging from super high cc to super low cc 125cc is lowest rite...

anyway there's few schools of driving 'theory', some emphasize safety, hence drive slow, some emphasize speed, drive fast, some emphasize comfort, means no abrupt braking... wats yours?

heard from my gf says there news about some taxi driver go corner a motorbike and the motorcyclist died... is it true? she said both are 'racing' den the taxi go push the bike to the kerb or something... quite sad eh, but den... both also at fault... taxi should not do that... the bike since he know he is flesh over metal, should have just let the bugger go... i once had 2 bikers tail me once i left my security barricade to the traffic light, then they keep knocking on my car window.. and heard some verbal abuse from outside... then when i tried to speed off, 1 go infront of me, 1 behind of me, then the front bike try to commit suicide when i speed up, he slow down... (note... happen in singapore... sg bengs...) anyway since i still can type this msg here means i din bang him, lucky my car can win his 125/250cc or something... smell my smoke...

jeff49er said:
Taxis are not so bad

The worst are Mercedes who can drive on the right most lane at 70 to 80km/h; position their cars beyond the stop line at the corner of a minor road when they want to turn into a major road; dont signal when they want to switch lanes.

I dont mean to say every Mercd drivers do that but really so far I the Mercd I encounter are like these.

BMW drivers are not so bad but........

Another worse kind are those who switch lanes quite abruptly to be in front of your car, then you have to step on your brake........

i hate those Mercs & BMWs, or any big cars that take 2 lanes.. they use the divider line as indicator of centering... if you can't keep to your lane, dun drive big cars... esp from back we can see that they have no problem in that lane since its wide enough.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
All other drivers... except me... ;p

i got my fair share of unhappy experiences ranging from super high cc to super low cc 125cc is lowest rite...

anyway there's few schools of driving 'theory', some emphasize safety, hence drive slow, some emphasize speed, drive fast, some emphasize comfort, means no abrupt braking... wats yours?

heard from my gf says there news about some taxi driver go corner a motorbike and the motorcyclist died... is it true? she said both are 'racing' den the taxi go push the bike to the kerb or something... quite sad eh, but den... both also at fault... taxi should not do that... the bike since he know he is flesh over metal, should have just let the bugger go... i once had 2 bikers tail me once i left my security barricade to the traffic light, then they keep knocking on my car window.. and heard some verbal abuse from outside... then when i tried to speed off, 1 go infront of me, 1 behind of me, then the front bike try to commit suicide when i speed up, he slow down... (note... happen in singapore... sg bengs...) anyway since i still can type this msg here means i din bang him, lucky my car can win his 125/250cc or something... smell my smoke...

The taxi and bike incident is true... the passenger mentioned tat the driver was grinning when he knocked the biker down... totally unthinkable. :thumbsd:

In general Malaysian drivers are aggressive and skillful. But they will give in to you if you have the position. 2 weeks ago a driver actually reverse his car so that I can drive out of a narrow lane.

In KL in the heart of Jalan Raja Chulan, a lorry driver allowed me to switch lanes.

Not all Sg drivers are less skillful or less courteous. If everyone heeds to the basic rules and safety, we generally would have pleasant driving experience.

rayz said:
The taxi and bike incident is true... the passenger mentioned tat the driver was grinning when he knocked the biker down... totally unthinkable. :thumbsd:

tats really bad... but given my same encounter... i might grin as well... we do not know the actual situation... might be something the motorcyclist did to the taxi driver, or the taxi driver have severe psychological problem...

my TOP hated Roadusers are

1) Cascasian Female Drivers of all ages.
2) Singapore Chinese men between the ages of 30 - 50.

no doubt i voted Taxi's, but my biggest rant is:

1. Drivers that do not signal
2. Road hoggers
3. Take up 2 lanes
4. Tailgaters
5. Those who suddenly cut into your lane

most hated road users: a**holes.

HotSpots said:
:bsmilie: That's about half of Singapore's drivers ...
surely our population is larger than that :dunno:

I wonder why merz and BM drivers don't signal when they change lanes. Maybe because their cars don't have the signal switch? :dunno: :bsmilie:

And speaking of those "sports car", I noticed that those who drive recklessly are only those cars that wanted badly to look sporty but we all know they are normal sedan cars. In fact, I saw alot of real sports cars like ferraris but they only drive in the centre lane. I think its really the drivers behind the wheels and not the type of car they drive.

Even for taxi drivers, I do encounter a minority of them who are courteous and give ways to others.

taxi drivers in bangkok more agressive

those small lanes also can squeeze 2 or 3 taxi thru at the same time...and they can make turns so quickly and squeeze between small paths which i think is impossible

You forgot to add Nissan Sunnys :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: pls dun flame me...

Actually my personal gripe is against motorcyclists who drive on their own "dedicated motorcycle lanes" aka the broken lines on the road, instead of in the proper lanes itself.

vince123123 said:
Actually my personal gripe is against motorcyclists who drive on their own "dedicated motorcycle lanes" aka the broken lines on the road, instead of in the proper lanes itself.
Ya... esp scooters. If you go closer to them, you'll be afraid that they might overturn. But if you don't do anything, they are slowing the traffic down... so have to change lane to avoid them.. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.