Most disgusting/unbearable aspect of a photographer's job

Status
Not open for further replies.
the danger of having alcohol spilled onto your equipment and having to jostle with the crowd while shooting

I'm not kidding.:)

Hearing you client comment, "Your portfolio is nice, what camera do you use?"

telling my models to take off their pants....
eeeehehehehe.
having to make ugly people look good

BEING A PHOTOGRAPHER IS A DREAM JOB!:lovegrin:

After a shoot went well, client tell you he on a dead line ask you to hurry. But not only that. The thing I found to the most disgusting after you rush the works for them, the payment for me take forever to come. :angry:

Thanks for the response. For me, posing a 50+ crooked tooth old lady like a 20+ bikini model is something that I find most disgusting so far.

Yezrah said:
Thanks for the response. For me, posing a 50+ crooked tooth old lady like a 20+ bikini model is something that I find most disgusting so far.
why? why do i do these things to myself? why did i have to come into this thread to see this line and infest my mind with images that will torment me and make me lose sleep tonight? WHY?

Waffle, haf a nice Waffle and hot cuppa milk. that should calm you down.

fr me, having to shoot rolls n rolls of film n only get 1 so-so picture and the rest is crap.

You are only seeing things but in the real world, this is what happened to some photographers, including myself. Having to agree with the client that it is a beautiful picture of themselves can be quite heart breaking also sometimes. Though it may be the best picture of themselves but it may not be our own definition of beauty. At the same time, photographers may be their last hope of ever looking great for people reaching their prime.

detrop said:
Waffle, haf a nice Waffle and hot cuppa milk. that should calm you down.

fr me, having to shoot rolls n rolls of film n only get 1 so-so picture and the rest is crap.
ah yes, the unbearable experience of shooting film. i'm going through it now, currently up to my 5th roll for a school assignment and even by my amateurish standards, i still don't see 1 decent enough shot.

for me, if i get just 1 good shot every 2/3 months, i'm more than happy already. and by "good", i don't mean the "wow it's nice, okay, next please" kind of shots. it just isn't fun shooting failsafe "nice shots" all the time. what's the point?:dunno:

Yezrah said:
You are only seeing things but in the real world, this is what happened to some photographers, including myself. Having to agree with the client that it is a beautiful picture of themselves can be quite heart breaking also sometimes. Though it may be the best picture of themseleves but it may not be our own definition of beauty.

i think some photographers here are not professional enough. As a photographer, you will make your client or subject to be taken at their best form or perspective. That itself is considered "beauty". A young bikini woman or an old woman who has a crooked tooth , all will give you a beauty if you are a pro- photographer.

now, i understand why there are so many who are interested in model shoot and, mind you, all the models are young ladies. I think this makes us no different from an uncle on the street who reads playboy magazine or a teenager beio sexy girls in orchard road.

i know i am going to be flamed but i am observing this trend in Clubsnap nowadays.:sweat:

:) :) :D smile to customer even you are buay song with them...............

True. However, for some people, that may be only one angle, or one expression and photographers like myself are going to starve if we just sell one picture for one client every day. Not sure if people who turn up for model shoot are really like what you mentioned. But one thing is for sure, it still take effort to shoot a bikini model properly, if not, we are still wasting time and effort.

song said:
i think some photographers here are not professional enough. As a photographer, you will make your client or subject to be taken at their best form or perspective. That itself is considered "beauty". A young bikini woman or an old woman who has a crooked tooth , all will give you a beauty if you are a pro- photographer.

now, i understand why there are so many who are interested in model shoot and, mind you, all the models are young ladies. I think this makes us no different from an uncle on the street who reads playboy magazine or a teenager beio sexy girls in orchard road.

i know i am going to be flamed but i am observing this trend in Clubsnap nowadays.:sweat:

song said:

correct, but shoot young ladies easy mah, sure can please alot here when they post the pics, imagine they post old women pics here, not many will comments chio bu and sexy man.

the different layers and levels of communication from client side to production side, often resulting in miscommunication or differences in opinion.

eg.

art director spend a few precious minutes finetuning the positioning of an elaborate flower vase in the picture. photographer then spend another few precious minutes lighting up the scene to accomodate the vase (due to reflections, shadows etc)

picture goes back to client and client likes everything about the picture, but decides she doesn't like the vase.

poor DI guy has to do the clean-up job.

this is just a minor example. oh well. sometimes it results in a total reshoot.

Moral issues.

Especially if you're a press photographer. If a person is in pain, under attack, in distress, about to die, etc. Shoot, or help?

I think the 2nd most difficult thing (which is closer to most of us) is how to be thick-skinned. Especially when shooting people in S'pore, or fighting to get a good shooting spot.

synapseman said:
Moral issues.

Especially if you're a press photographer. If a person is in pain, under attack, in distress, about to die, etc. Shoot, or help?

I think the 2nd most difficult thing (which is closer to most of us) is how to be thick-skinned. Especially when shooting people in S'pore, or fighting to get a good shooting spot.

that reminds me of a recent story about a photojournalist in China who waited patiently by the roadside to capture a cyclist tripping over a pothole in the road, for the purpose of highlighting the danger of the pothole to the proper authorities.

(of course, he put up a warning sign after he got the shot)

Save the person.I would regret if for life if I was there, and let him/her die if I could have saved her.Screw the job, it can be replaced anytime.A person's life is more important.

Castlesinthesky said:
the danger of having alcohol spilled onto your equipment and having to jostle with the crowd while shooting

I'm not kidding.:)

Drink and shoot. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.