Most comfortable bus [SMRT vs SBS]

Most confortable bus [SMRT (TIBS) or SBS]

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldmember

Dec 2, 2002
Moon
Which bus is more confortable [SMRT (TIBS) or SBS]?

comfort - SBS
speed - SMRT
most SBS buses stinks like longkang. :angry:

TIB's seat very hard leh.

somebody ask them to stop hiking up their prices and i'm sure they wil be the most comfortable buses ever..

in terms of comfort, i say definitely SBS buses. TIBS bus seats are the bane of butts, hard as hell! :nono:

i was on a new SBS bus the other day with the newer, harder seats, but even those were way more comfy than TIBS'.

always no seats available... so i guess no diff between both of them

SBS bus seats for big butts
SMRT bus seats for small butts (what a pain for big butts! :sweatsm: )

Waffle said:
in terms of comfort, i say definitely SBS buses. TIBS bus seats are the bane of butts, hard as hell! :nono:

i was on a new SBS bus the other day with the newer, harder seats, but even those were way more comfy than TIBS'.
Hard meh? :dunno:

On the contrary, SBS buses keeps me wide awake, all times of the day.
TIBS buses makes me purr and sleep like a kitten until I always miss my bus stop. :bsmilie:

If you have space to stand... very good already. Worst than those standing at the entrance door area while waiting and hoping people can move in abit further to the rear. :angry: :angry: :angry:

zhapchit said:
always no seats available... so i guess no diff between both of them

SBS thinks singaporeans all hobbits or something. leg room is so damn little!!!

wainism said:
i can imagine that in future, all buses will be free standing other than a few seats for those who need (pregnant woman/old people, etc.)

wainism said:

I have to agree with you, esp those refurbished single deck models.

TIBS has Vogelsitze seats with slight lumbar support for long rides..SBS seats are too soft and lacking in support.

So, a little hardness is actually better..i've gotten backaches on SBS buses..but not on TIBS..and nope..i'm not an old man. :bsmilie:

Newer SBS bus got strange smell...esp those new double-deckers with the
big word "SUPER" on top window shield....got this pungent of mixed diesel and leather smell, esp if you sit at rear seats....sit until i want to vomit...

Last time de SBS bus quite comfy (previous generation ones), but now i prefer Tibs de as it seems more roomy.

OT abit, you guys got any favour seats on SBS / TIBS buses?

cookiez said:
Newer SBS bus got strange smell...esp those new double-deckers with the
big word "SUPER" on top window shield....got this pungent of mixed diesel and leather smell, esp if you sit at rear seats....sit until i want to vomit...
didn't take note, but sometimes I take bus 7 or 147 (doubledeck aircon) got a very bad smell. also make me wanna puke, but already tapped, even get off next bus stop, 60c gone... :(

i remember TIBS used to install air freshener, but don't see it anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.