Most annoying thing to say/do to a photographer on holiday

chuepachups

Jun 7, 2012
Singapore
Hi guys! I'm doing some "research" for a blog post I'm writing and would like to ask y'all what's the most annoying thins someone can say/do to you while you're on holiday, and why?

Thanks all in advance!! :)

[P.S. sorry if this is posted in the wrong sub forum, it's the first time I'm posting such a thread, please feel free to notify me if it is!]

When applied "rule of third", someone will say why dun know how to frame one? It not in the center...!

No auntie asks me to take photo. Only Ah Peh.

old_japanese_dancers.jpg

Hi guys! I'm doing some "research" for a blog post I'm writing and would like to ask y'all what's the most annoying thins someone can say/do to you while you're on holiday, and why?

Thanks all in advance!! :)

[P.S. sorry if this is posted in the wrong sub forum, it's the first time I'm posting such a thread, please feel free to notify me if it is!]

Sorry. I never get any annoying remarks, only get praises

Actually... nothing... when I am on holiday, I am there to enjoy myself and there really is quite a few that that can set me off regarding photography... on the other hand, other stuff might trigger me off... but it will be OT.

No taking of photographs even though I am not shooting him/her. To avoid confrontation, I would normally wait for him/her to leave. If that is not happening, then choose an alternative angle. Afterall, I am not there to pick a fight but for holiday.

Don't ever join tour group alone. If can, find someone else. Cause you can become photographer for some old couples. Ha ha!

No auntie asks me to take photo. Only Ah Peh.

old_japanese_dancers.jpg

Because they don't trust your photography skill, you will make them looks fat :bsmilie:

Most annoying thing to say

Anything that start with 'You Should'

1) You should use another brand of camera
2) You should use full frame DSLR
3) You should use more expensive lens

Sorry no photography allowed here.

Got once, I was standing at the road side and the Luxor hotel, is behind me (I stays there too) I was taking photos of opposite building (hotel), which is a castle. I mounted my camera on tripod and take the photos. About done, security on a bicycle told me that I can not use tripod there and only can shoot without it. That time was evening, without a tripod (unless A7S was out that time), it's impossible for me to just take like that. I argue awhile and then walk away, actually thinking of complaining him since I am the guest there. And furthermore, there is no sign saying no photography allow. Security are photography enemy most of the time. Just be careful of them when at oversea, they like to bully us.

the worst thing would be to be hit on by toothless gramps and grannies :bsmilie:

and they actually do want to "get it on" with you :eek: