Most annoying thing said to me while i was photographing

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
There's a thread on a similar topic but regarding photographing overseas/on holiday. This true incident happened to me at Bishan Park. I was photographing the Treeswift chick in the evening. Light was poor and at a total focal length exceeding 2000mm, I was having a tough time locating the tiny subject.

Along came a young man who was jogging. He saw me and said to me loudly:

"Uncle, can see or not? Need help?"

I was upset and gave him the evil look.

He got the signal and said, "Sure can see or not? Up to you lah." Then he jogged on.

While waiting for blue hour:

Wife: Dear, done oredi? Why you shoot photo take so long one? Got mosquitoes leh.

Was asked years back.... " is that the New Canon Camera? "

It was a Nikon F100.... with the Nikon Neck Strap !

There's a thread on a similar topic but regarding photographing overseas/on holiday. This true incident happened to me at Bishan Park. I was photographing the Treeswift chick in the evening. Light was poor and at a total focal length exceeding 2000mm, I was having a tough time locating the tiny subject.

He got the signal and said, "Sure can see or not? Up to you lah." Then he jogged on.

Of course you are annoyed.
First, light was poor and then having a tough time locating the tiny subject and getting a loud call.

I pity the poor jogger who was trying to help got the "evil look".
Obviously he's trying to convey his assistance while catching his breath at the same time, therefore the "loudness".

Graciousness just lost its altitude.

Last edited:

I don't think he's trying to be funny leh...

I think he wants to confirm whether you are the type who carries Canon camera with Nikon strap. :bsmilie:

Lol.

Mine is still : 'why u don't want to buy a proper camera like Canon or Nikon? ' generally uttered by people I address as Uncles or Aunties.

For the record I use MFT & Fuji.

Lol.

Mine is still : 'why u don't want to buy a proper camera like Canon or Nikon? ' generally uttered by people I address as Uncles or Aunties.

For the record I use MFT & Fuji.

I never get this kind of stupid question.

I'm using sony and in fact, I get compliments from non Sony users and meet fellow Sony users in overseas.

I think it's only SG where we have this problem of 'dog eye looking down on people'

Foreigners are more open minded. They see what u can produce rather than what u are using

I think he was asking if uncle can 'see' into the hdb blocks ;)

I never get this kind of stupid question.

I'm using sony and in fact, I get compliments from non Sony users and meet fellow Sony users in overseas.

I think it's only SG where we have this problem of 'dog eye looking down on people'

Foreigners are more open minded. They see what u can produce rather than what u are using

I think it's misunderstood.

Those uninitiated or new to photography might think only those 2 brands are good. Maybe when they look at Keithwee's impressive result, they might think it would be even more fantastic if done with those 2 brands.

So, if viewed from this point of view, it's an indirect compliment.

As for dog eye look down on people, most prolly in SG, people are less exposed to the bigger world compared to foreigners.

With all those "world's / Asia's 1st" rankings attained by SG, people might think we are already no. 1, so there's nothing better out there.

Last edited:
I think it's misunderstood.

Those uninitiated or new to photography might think only those 2 brands are good. Maybe when they look at Keithwee's impressive result, they might think it would be even more fantastic if done with those 2 brands.

So, if viewed from this point of view, it's an indirect compliment.

As for dog eye look down on people, most prolly in SG, people are less exposed to the bigger world compared to foreigners.

With all those "world's / Asia's 1st" rankings attained by SG, people might think we are already no. 1, so there's nothing better out there.

Those who think only the 2 brands are the best, are like Brazilian fans who think Brazil is the best football team in the world. LOL

I think it's misunderstood. Those uninitiated or new to photography might think only those 2 brands are good. Maybe when they look at Keithwee's impressive result, they might think it would be even more fantastic if done with those 2 brands. So, if viewed from this point of view, it's an indirect compliment. As for dog eye look down on people, most prolly in SG, people are less exposed to the bigger world compared to foreigners. With all those "world's / Asia's 1st" rankings attained by SG, people might think we are already no. 1, so there's nothing better out there.

Nice spin to the comments :) epic !

you just returned a kind gesture/intention with a bad attitude.

the young man will surely STOMP! you :bsmilie:

Once I was at the flyer over taking photos of the railway track. Some youngsters came to me and tell me to share photos with them since they also want to take. I told them no, why should I share and also, idk them. Really want to ask them to share with me their $ since they also going to use it. Some people just like to take advantage of those who serious in taking photos.

Once I was at the flyer over taking photos of the railway track. Some youngsters came to me and tell me to share photos with them since they also want to take. I told them no, why should I share and also, idk them. Really want to ask them to share with me their $ since they also going to use it. Some people just like to take advantage of those who serious in taking photos.

How to share photo?

How to share photo?

Send him the photo via email lor. Cause I using a DSLR, with a 16-35mm. They see thought I pro but I only serious on taking photos, not a pro, haha! ;p