most accessible bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Knight

Jul 21, 2008
Singapore
was wondering, which type of bag allow the user the fastest access to his gear?
I was thinking the pouch type. what do you all think?

*edit* sorry forgot to add. I also might have to run with the bag so it must be able to allow me to run as well . thanks!
*edit..again * what do you guys think of the lowerpro Inverse 200 AW ?

Last edited:

*edit* sorry forgot to add. I also might have to run with the bag so it must be able to allow me to run as well . thanks!

Frankly, a shoulder bag swings too much when running. You can check out waist bags from lowepro.

Personally, I prefer backpacks, for its usability and volume. But in terms of accessibility, I think a shoulder bag like the Crumpler is a faster draw. Wanted initially to get a belt pack but found out it makes me look like a pregnant hippo in third trimester!

I've tried the Fastpack but found it rather awkward, though I'm looking at the Sensitivity which is uncommonly sleek ;p, good if you don't have too much gears.

But still, you have to try out the bag personally with your gear to get a real feel. Cheers!

You'll be hard pressed to find a bag that is really accessible, yet allows you to run with it.

For starters, it might really help if you actually said what you intend to put inside. The lack of a gear list can only leave us second-guessing.

Personally Crumpler 7 million dollar home.... pretty fast access for me, as for the running... I cannot comment as I dun usually run with my gears... for walking fast, its pretty comfortable.

Had it for a year and I still love it.

The Kata 3N1 cost around $180

why would you want to run with a camera bag..

if you want to run you need to pull it tight, you pull it tight whether it is shoulder bag or backpack or superdupermoderndesignpack it will be problematic to access quickly, end of story.

that said, shoulder bags > backpack everytime. even with superdupermoderndesign-i-can-rotate-it-quickly models.

You'll be hard pressed to find a bag that is really accessible, yet allows you to run with it.

For starters, it might really help if you actually said what you intend to put inside. The lack of a gear list can only leave us second-guessing.

I'm intending to put in it a E520 , the kit lens and the 40-150 ( if all goes according to plan)
any extra would be nice but the bag must allow me to get the equipment quicky (do not want to miss shots :D )

how about the Inverse 200 ? so sad no1 commented on it :sweat:

Am looking for a backpack, and the the Lowepro Fastpack seems like a good design, but someone mention that it was awkward? would i be better off with something like the regular Tamron Adventure series design or Lowepro's Computrekker?

Could explain more about why you find the Fastpack awkward? I've been using it for quite a while now and how no problems with it at all other than a lack of a tripod holder.

i'm totally for shoulder packs too. Everything's nicely accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.