Mosque in Brunei at Sunset

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the green... it's the Muslim holy colour... So it give the picture significance.

I took another one closer. Tried to crop such that there is more water shown as suggested.

original.jpg

That's a very good attempt at reframing the picture. However, the reflection appears to be a little under-exposed like that. In the original picture, it was ok because the actual mosque was the main focus. In your attempt, the crop is closer, so there is more focus on the reflection... Then we will notice that the reflection appears under-exposed.

I am not saying that we need to improve exposure... Exposure in the original picture was fine. But if you want to crop it like that, then we need to increase the exposure of the reflection.

What do you think?

nottipiglet said:
That's a very good attempt at reframing the picture. However, the reflection appears to be a little under-exposed like that. In the original picture, it was ok because the actual mosque was the main focus. In your attempt, the crop is closer, so there is more focus on the reflection... Then we will notice that the reflection appears under-exposed.

I am not saying that we need to improve exposure... Exposure in the original picture was fine. But if you want to crop it like that, then we need to increase the exposure of the reflection.

What do you think?

This is a different image with a different angle. Think for this I adjusted the curve too much leow until the good bits come out a bit under...
The question is: should a reflection be brighter than the original image? Surely there must be a difference in order to differentiate the two? hmmmm..

:bigeyes: Wonderful series :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

seankyh said:
Masjid Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin

original.jpg
The significance of green in Brunei is quite clear.

Did you try taking photos of the other mosque along the highway to Jerudong? At the junction of Kg.Kiarong and Gadong?

LazerLordz said:
The significance of green in Brunei is quite clear.

Did you try taking photos of the other mosque along the highway to Jerudong? At the junction of Kg.Kiarong and Gadong?

Is that the main mosque? Think its Jamé Asr Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque right? Saw that along the road on the way to my customer site. That was quite majestic. Didn't have time :(

seankyh said:
Is that the main mosque? Think its Jamé Asr Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque right? Saw that along the road on the way to my customer site. That was quite majestic. Didn't have time :(

That's the name, haven't been back in years.:sweat: It's majestic at night :)

Most locals consider it the main mosque, since the one near Kg. Ayer is more of a tourism-related heritage site these days I think.

seankyh said:
Masjid Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin

original.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
pretty cool shot!

Great photo ! taking in more of the sky would have made it perfect.
1/3 water, 2/3 sky

grimicer said:
Great photo ! taking in more of the sky would have made it perfect.
1/3 water, 2/3 sky

Thanks! But I would have had to cut out the reflection on the water ..

drakko said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
pretty cool shot!

Thanks Drakko. This is quite an old thread and its great to see responses for this still.:D

for the mosque pic the rules dont apply coz the subject is well captured that the focus goes straight onto it. So you follow the rules or break them its upto the photog. Great shot and it looks right out of arabian nights theme. Good use of the polariser

rx_nick said:
for the mosque pic the rules dont apply coz the subject is well captured that the focus goes straight onto it. So you follow the rules or break them its upto the photog. Great shot and it looks right out of arabian nights theme. Good use of the polariser

Thanks rx_nick. Right place, right time. A bit of luck really. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.