Moscow airport bombed

qwerty628

Jan 3, 2010
Just in. At least 20 people are believed to have been killed in an explosion at Moscow's Domodedovo airport. :eek:

Russian news agencies cited unspecified sources as saying the blast occurred inside the airport's international arrivals hall.
The Russian state news agency has said 23 people have died and around 130 people are thought to have been injured.

Apparently a suicide bomb

It was a target last year already. Seems like they managed to pull it off this time. So far at least 31 dead btw.

Sigh. Now the next "genius idea" of the TSA will be to put the full-body scanners at every entry door to each airport.

Last edited:
update: death toll has risen to 31, more than 100 injured. being broadcast on bbc ccn sky and any other starhub new channel.

It was a target last year already. Seems like they managed to pull it off this time. So far at least 31 dead btw.

Sigh. Now the next "genius idea" of the TSA will be to put the full-body scanners at every entry door to each airport.

the full body scanner was a stupid idea. its only used if u trip the metal detector. even if you tio u can choose to opt for pat down. and the pat downs from wad i've seen seem quite ok. quite professional.

the full body scanner was a stupid idea. its only used if u trip the metal detector. even if you tio u can choose to opt for pat down. and the pat downs from wad i've seen seem quite ok. quite professional.

Nope... The scanners are used regardless of whether or not you trip the metal detector. And the pat downs are also called "grope downs" because they grab you *everywhere*. There have been civil suits filed already.

Nope... The scanners are used regardless of whether or not you trip the metal detector. And the pat downs are also called "grope downs" because they grab you *everywhere*. There have been civil suits filed already.

really? i just went, din really see that many ppl tio :think: oh but out of vegas was bad. all adult males above 18 kena scanner. the rest of the places i passed through incl lax, ft lauderdale, jfk din make everyone do scanner.

this is crazy!!! :angry::angry:

RIP to the deceased.... :cry:

its a spanking new international airport. how could this happen? and i tot the russian fsb was good

its a spanking new international airport. how could this happen? and i tot the russian fsb was good

We thought the CIA/FBI was good and yet 911 happened.

Hey anyone noe why the terrorists wan do tht?

Extract from BBC

"Suspicion has fallen on Russia's restive North Caucasus region.

Last March the Russian capital's underground system was rocked by two female suicide bombers from Russia's volatile Dagestan region, who detonated their explosives on the busy metro system during rush hour, killing 40 people and injuring more than 80.

Militant groups fighting in the Caucasus know how important the perception that the president and prime minister provide a secure society is, and to undermine that is a key aspect of their aims, analysts say.

Police sources have hinted that the Domodedovo airport bombing may be linked to Russia's most volatile region."

RIP to those who die:cry:

They're fighting for wad? Independent state?

Yup - for about 2 centuries now - with 2 wars in recent years with Russia losing the first in humiliating fashion under Yeltsin and winning the second under Putin.

Mother Russia won't let them leave as they've got oil.

We thought the CIA/FBI was good and yet 911 happened.

CNN said:
"Nobody is flying anywhere, the baggage has all been screened, because it has been on planes already, and crucially, people are leaving the airport. It's very rare that you ever saw somebody carrying a bag in to arrivals."

It happened in arrival hall.

Condolences to the people of Russia. I am most irritated by this hideous twisted act, an atrocity by cowards, COWARDS

Ryan

Another sad day for those who died innocently and without knowing it coming.

HOW DO YOU STOP A SUICIDE BOMBER??? CAN SOMEONE SUGGEST SOMETHING WORKABLE!

APPARENTLY ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP SOMEONE FROM DETONATE A BOMB PLANTED ON OWN BODY RIGHT?

YOU HAVE HD ULTRA RED DETECTOR, SCANNER, LATEST TECHNO. GADGET TO DETECT THESE BOMBS, BUT CAN YOU STOP THE PERSON FROM SETTING IT OFF......... NO NO NO.

WHAT A SAD DAY FOR RUSSIA AGAIN.

honestly, if this violence is not stopped.. it'll escalate to the point where natural disasters won't be the things blamed for the destruction of the Earth and mankind..

it'll be mankind itself.

it's sad times we're living in