Morning Sunrise @ Changi Cliffwalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simply80Chup

Jan 28, 2008
my.imageshack.us
Hi,
Ok, first thing first. This is the closest crop i can do in order to keep that morning Sun in the pic due to the leaves (already crop away) showing on the top right corner of the pic. I do understand theres not much sun to justify the title due to a cloudy morning. Sorry about that.
As this is my first time capturing Sunrise, i need some advise regarding the exposure, composition etc. for a better tomorrow :D. Location wise, think i will try somewhere more open in future.

Thanks in advance for the advices...

2008_05_01_99__1__2HDR.jpg

No offence intended, but there is really nothing outstanding about the shot. If anything, it conveys a slight tranquility at best.

The picture seems a tad soft...how did you go about shooting it?

Ya....i am not quite sure what you are trying to tell us in this picture.
Maybe you can make it more interesting if you can have a model standing in the foreground facing the sea and thus creating a silhouette.

Cheers

Yong Sak
www.yongsakphotoblog.com

Bro,

Just found an example in my old stuff that I thought I'd show you. In this photo, you can't see the sun either; it's hidden behind the foliage due to bad positioning, and if I waited till it was higher, the glow would no longer be present.

Let me know if you want this image removed from your thread.

Fiery_Opening_Act__by_k_leb_k.jpg

Ya....i am not quite sure what you are trying to tell us in this picture.
Maybe you can make it more interesting if you can have a model standing in the foreground facing the sea and thus creating a silhouette.

Since u did mention about the silhouette thingy, theres this pic i took on the exact same location, a few minutes later. Not much different i feel but this time round, i try to slower down the shutter speed to create that silky effect on the ripples :think:.

2008_05_01_99_7web.jpg

Bro,

Just found an example in my old stuff that I thought I'd show you. In this photo, you can't see the sun either; it's hidden behind the foliage due to bad positioning, and if I waited till it was higher, the glow would no longer be present.

Nice colour... Did you used any filter?

From exif, the exposure time is 1".... did u use tripod?

Nice colour... Did you used any filter?

No filter. Colour boosted slightly in postprocessing.

Bro, your pictures still look soft. Not sure whether it's due to focus, camera shake, or settings. Can you share how you went about shooting the photo?

Agreed with Calebk kor kor. It seems like either the tripod is not stable or there's some movement when u press the shutter. Did u use the 2 sec timer or the remote shutter?

Hi S80C,

There are several things I like about the pic:

Horizon is straight, a bit of the foreground captured to give some perspective, the jetty with the hut at the end at almost 1/3 of the pic to complete the pic.

However, there are some things I am not so comfortable with:

the boats are not in focused (if it is meant to be), the sea is not glassy smooth (you were using a slow shutter at that time, weren't you? and if that the effect you want to get), the sky is not as spectacular as it can be (maybe some photoshop will help) [I usually take these kind of pics in RAW and adjust the color temp around to get the right effect] and I would maybe get the foreground darker to get the sea and sky more colorful to get attention.

Agreed with Calebk kor kor. It seems like either the tripod is not stable or there's some movement when u press the shutter. Did u use the 2 sec timer or the remote shutter?

Ok will try to use the 2sec timer. Think i press and release the shutter and without me knowing, might shake abit. Point noted on that.

boats blur due to wave motion, not cam shake

Also, note that when you shoot at seaside, take note of the condition of your lens. :)

Saw some dust or speck on your shots. Here.

2008_05_01_99_7web.jpg

I kanna last time when i shoot at Punggol...:(

Luckily LR remove it easily. And not so many dust/specks to remove. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.