Morning Lotus

5417912232_1834e04087_z.jpg

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
Still pretty new to photography not really knowing what to look out for, Just trying to see what works. Pls I need your guidance.

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
Composition, Color. I was just trying to achieve a sunrise shot.

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Shot with tripod around 730am @ where the Merlion was

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image?
Pretty New here. I want to know if this shot works still trying to find out what works and what not. How and what i need to do to improve it. Appreciate your comments.

Last edited:
ok.. first off... the silhouette shot is ok. the idea is there.

but your subject's not standing out due to the jetty taking up half of the frame.

plus i feel, if you've used a landscape orientation it'll look nicer. or ND filter with slow shutter in portrait mode to catch the symmetry.

but for the above suggestion... you need to move closer to the edge to get rid of the distracting pier

if you're thinking of leading lines, use lines that are straight or curved. in your image, the lines zig zag all over, with the pier as a distraction ;)

keep shooting :bsmilie:

Given the title morning lotus I would have an image of a lotus with rays of morning light on them. Hence the silholette idea is a bit weird for me. I thought it would be possible to do HDR - merging photos which lotus is slight more exposed and this photo, so that more details can be seen.

Appreciate your advice. Actually I did take a HDR shot for MBS. Will be putting it up for Critique in the next few days. BTW do you know the limit of 1 photo per week starts as a calendar week or 7days after my my current post? pls advice. thanks

Appreciate your advice. Actually I did take a HDR shot for MBS. Will be putting it up for Critique in the next few days. BTW do you know the limit of 1 photo per week starts as a calendar week or 7days after my my current post? pls advice. thanks

I believe it should be 7 days after this post. Not totally clear. Maybe the mod can clarify.